40. Player Getting Played

War Wan

It took me long before I let myself get separated from my mother. I have been holding in this longing since that day on the pier when I learned the whole truth about Pan's real identity. I regret acting like a rebelious child back then. If I only listened to her more before overreacting, then maybe I could have enjoyed spending more time with her, making up for the lost years that we were apart.

Yes. I remember everything. The regression only affected me that first time but my void seem to be way more stronger. Even if that Shane woman said that it was a experimental fallen just to fight mine, it was still too weak to defeat my raging will.

I made everybody think I am somehow regressed and amnesiac. I grabbed this opportunity so that I can make it all up to what my heart truly desires. I don't know how to correct my mistakes especially when I let my pride rule over my emotions. I don't know how to make it up with my mother and used this as an excuse to finally hug her. And Yin, I don't want to drag him in this equation but he's a part of that past so I have no choice. Besides, my heart also wanted him back.

I don't know how long I could pull this lie but I might as well enjoy it while I still can. It feels good letting go of the hate inside my heart. I hope I could pull this up for a little longer.

"War sensei? Why did you went out of your tent? You are still supposed to be resting." Yin who was cutting on some logs came rushing to me when he saw me walking towards him. It was already five in the afternoon yet the temperature is still a bit high. I am guessing that we are at some tropical country that only has two seasons. It can either be rainy or mostly humid and scorching.

Yin is only wearing a sando and shorts. The sweat had made the thin fabric on his chest stick with his skin that I can clearly see his toned muscles within. Ugh. This man is really gorgeous. His body became much more well defined compared to the last time I saw him back at the academy. The outside world must have really trained him to be more tougher.

"I get so stiff from lying the whole day. Mom also went out so I decided to look for you." I smiled at him like the way I did before the betrayal.

"Is that right? Then come here." He pulled me by my hand and made me sit in one of the solid logs under some shaded tree. This strongly reminds me of that night in the academy. The one where we are supposed to run away together. It was also under some old willow tree.

"Would you like some water? Here?" He reached out a jug to me and I gladly accept it to take a few sips. He was watching me gulped down the water with a fascinating smile on his face.

"What are you looking at?" I asked making my voice sound a little sharp so that I can hide getting embarass. I get so shy everytime he looks at me like this.

"Aw! I can't look at you now? Why can't I look at something that belongs to me?"

"Shut up Yin!" I nudged him on his side and I heard him giggle.

"Your face is beet red. So cute."

"Stop calling me cute as well. I'm a man for heaven's sake."

"But you are."

We continued talking and teasing each other until the sun at the horizon started to set. We are sitted more closely to each other that our shoulders touches and rubs each other. His eyes fell to the bracelet in my wrist, the one that V had given me.

"It really looks good on you." He let his fingers ran through the small crystal stones and down to my bare skin. I can't understand the expression he makes.