•3•

"Kai, y-you can't stay here," you say as he removes his face from your chest, his eyes red and puffy. "What do you mean?" Kai says confused, "you can't stay here if your being hurt, you have to go somewhere else," you say as he crooks a small smile.

"Y/n, I can't just leave, he has a power over me that I can't just run away from, if I leave, he'll just find me again," Kai says as a sad smile appears on his face, "what makes you say that?" You ask him, your lips curled into a frown and your eye brows scrunched up as if your trying to solve a mystery, "cause i've tried running away before, he put missing posters everywhere so I couldn't be seen by anyone, i eventually had to stay and sleep in an alley way until I got sick and tired. One night when I was sick, he found me laying there cold and tired, I didn't have enough strength to run away or stand up, so I let him take me back to our house," Kai explains as he lets out a side tear, " oh my god Kai, h-how old we're you," you ask him, your eyes glossy and trying to hold back a tear. "T-Ten," Kai answers and legs out more tears that fall down his bruises and gorgeous face.

You can't help it and feel a large tear drop trickle down your face as you set your hand on his cheek and stroke his face and hug him tight, "oh Kai, i'm so sorry," you say and scratch the back of his head lovingly.

Flashback (Kai's POV):

I sat in the alley as I was shivering in the cold brisk breeze, I had run away from my abusive home and had found myself living in an alley from the day I ran away. I was currently sick and cold from being there for to long, I saw as many more people held missing posters with my face on it looking concerned and willing to help my father find me.

I was in the alley for at least a week and I started to grow more and more sick and tired, my vision started to get blurry and I started to close my eyes when I see a silhouette of my father approach me, but I was to tired to get up and run. He walked over to me and knelt down to where I was sitting, I heard him say something but I heard it as if I were underwater.

"Foolish child, you can't run away, I'll always find you," I heard my dad say faintly, on the inside I was completely terrified, but on the outside, I was passed out.

~~~~

Kai's head was still buried in your chest as you scratched his head a bit more, "Y/n, you need to leave," Kai demands as you look at him like he's crazy, "are you crazy! I'm not leaving you here by yourself," you say and stroke his cheek softly trying not to hurt him.

"Y/n, I'll be ok, I'll see you tomorrow," Kai says while he sits up on the bed. You nod sadly and walk over to Kai's desk, you gather all your things and put on your bag.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," you say and give kai a small smile, he returns the smile as you walk out of the door.

Kai's POV:

I sighed and laid down on my bed as I heard Y/n's footsteps walk down the stairs to the front door, I immediately missed her presence and her touch when she walked out of my room. I never knew that she was loving and caring until I really got to know her, she was the first person ever to actually listen to what I had to say, and try to help me from my abusive dad.

Soon after Y/n left I heard a light knock on my door, I knew it wasn't my dad because he would've just barged right in. I saw the door creep open and saw my twin sister Josette. "What do you want," I say as I look at her confused, "I came here to talk to you about that girl you had up here," Josette said as she placed herself on top of my bed next to me. "What about her?" I asked as she just stared at me. "Well, if she ever found out about what is happening in our family you will get in huge trouble," Josette said as I looked at her with wide eyes, I completely forgot how much trouble I would be in with my father. "Why do you care?" I ask as she gets up from the bed. "I'm just saying that dad is going to hurt you if anyone finds out, never said I cared," Josette concedes and walks through the bedroom door.

Kai just sits there hurt about what Jo said when an idea pops into his head. The last time he had tried to run away he was a kid, he couldn't defend himself. But now he has strength that can protect him if his dad ever gets to him, he rises from his bed wiping away a hot tear from his face and gathers up everything he would need to survive wherever he was going.

He puts his hoodie back on with his hood up so nobody could see who he was, he slowly opens the window of his bedroom trying hard not to be to loud. Kai was about to climb through the window when his bedroom door swings open and bangs against the wall, Kai flinches and quickly looks behind him, "damn it," Kai whispers under his breath as he saw his father standing in the middle of his room. "Don't you dad go through that window boy, or you know what I'll do to you!" Kai's father yelled at him as he walks closer to Kai.

"Oh yea, come and get me," Kai says as he quickly jumps through the window and starts sprinting down the streets in fear.

The streets light up the street in a yellow-ish color so he can see where he is running, Kai runs as fast as he can so his father won't be able to catch up to him.

Kai stops for a breath thinking he has lost his father when a huge sharp pain spreads all around his back as he collapses onto the ground and groans, "think you can get away from me? Foolish child," Joshua says as he is holding a baseball bat in his hand. "We're really doing this all over again huh? You run away and think you've gotten away until I find you. Wow, I really thought you had learned your lesson the first time," Joshua exclaims. "I guess I'll have to teach you another lesson," he taunts as he's about to hit Kai with the bat and Kai catches it with his hand and pushes it off, Joshua falls onto the ground and groans. Kai gets up fast making sure Joshua can't get away and grab the bat, Kai picks up the bat and starts hitting his father with it repeatedly.

Joshua continues to groan in pain while Kai continues to hit him.

Kai didn't stop hitting him until he saw his fathers eyes completely shut.

He was knocked out.

Kai dropped the bat on the ground and continues to run. He finally comes across a hotel to stay at for the night so he's safe, meanwhile you have not been holding up so well. Your stomach felt weird ever since you walked out of Kai's house, you were so worried for him. You had to take melatonin to fall asleep.

To be continued..