damn, i guess i really fell for you

Venus. Recently known as the "planet of love" thanks to Mitski's superior song where she repeats the same word for the entire 3 minutes. Nobody.

Now that's something I, Venuus Drifft could relate to.

Nobody.

When I was born, I could swear my parents were high off their asses. Who in their right mind thinks that Venuus is a good name for a child.

Zatarra and Zion Drifft.

My father Zion, passed away when I was 15. For reference, I'm 16 now. Almost 17. So just about 2 years ago.

My mother Zatarra, a raging drunk who spends her days with her sugar daddy Randy. She couldn't care less about me. But hey, at least she has enough money to care for me in that sense.

I have no siblings. and thank god I don't. Imagine their names. Jupiter? Mars? Neptune? Pathetic.

So yeah. I'm pretty much alone at home most of the time, which isn't actually as bad. It's better than when my mom is there. It's always "Venuus this. Venuus that." Or her moaning Randy's name.

I want a bunny though.

Anyways, I'm too lazy to start from the beginning, so let's just start from now.

-

School.

Worst annual 9 months of my life.

Worst 9 months of anyone's life really. Unless you're a teenage mother waiting for that unwanted child.

High school is just full of filthy, improper animals. With some exceptions of course.

It smells like guys trying to impress girls with their sweaty sports jerseys. Oh, and don't forget about the insane amount of axe some try to cover it up with. All that Mixed with girls that smell like Bath and Body Works shelves. But I can't talk. They have some good stuff.

Don't even get me started on those crowded ass hallways. I don't understand. If you're building a high school, why don't you make the hallways have more space? I shouldn't have to feel breathing down my neck unless it's sexually.

They're full of children running to beat the bell, people with full backpacks pushing everyone, and those idiots who try to make tik toks in the middle of it all.

Its only first period and I want to go home.

"What's your first class again?" Someone interrupts my thoughts.

Cassidy Smith. 17. Senior, like me. Long, straight blonde hair that reaches her waist and brown eyes. My best friend since high school itself.

"Accounting. Computer lab. Mr. Juin" I answer dryly

"I still can't get over the fact that you're really taking accounting." She replies. I turn to look at her face that's currently painted with confusion.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "I'm just ready to go home."

"Damn, what crawled up your ass and died?" She laughs

"My dad," I joke. "I'm sorry, I'm just tired."

"It's okay love," She takes a minute to look at my outfit. "Pajamas?"

"What's wrong with pajamas?" I ask

She keeps looking me up and down with a smirk on her face trying to cover up her laugh. "Nothing, you should have told me so we could match." She nudges me with her bag and I let out a small laugh

"I'll see you at lunch, I'm going that way." She points in the opposite direction with her energy drink in her hand.

"Hey. Can I have that?" I ask desperately pointing to the drink. Without any hesitation, she hands it to me with a smile and walks off.