Chapter 23

When the public saw the show and realised that Ba Reum and Yo Han had to stay in prison, even thought they were obviously the victims, they got angry once again.

The only reason that they had to fake their dead was because they had been framed by someone of the current government, who had so many tools at her disposal. Why did they have to suffer for that?

Even with all the protests going on, Ba Reum and Yo Han were still to stand trial for the fraud and the judge had claimed they were too high a flight risk, so they couldn't make bail.
When they were guided away to prison in cuffs, angry protestors were standing there, demanding justice.

It was invigorating to hear all those people yelling to free them and if anything that they should be hailed as heroes.

When Ji Eun had heard about Yo Han still being alive, she couldn't feel happier. She kneeled in front of the television, shakingly reaching out her hand for him. The other one was there as well, but she tried not to pay him any attention, only happy that her Yo Han had survived.

When she heard he was in prison, she immediately asked for a visit, finally able to see him again in the flesh after all those months.

When the door opened and he came through, she started to cry.

"Yo Han, my sweet Yo Han." She said when he was seated in front of her, the glass still separating the two of them. Yo Han looked at her coldly.

He had heard from Moo Chi and Dong Koo about what she had done when he and Ba Reum had been born and the pact that she had made. At first he hadn't believed those words, not able to connect them to the woman he had had known as his mother for his entire life.

"shouldn't you visit your real son?" he asked her and she looked at him shocked.

"You are my real son, not that monster." She said, the tear tracks on her face.

"He's not a monster. He is a good person." Yo Han said, "better then you are."

"No, I'm sure he's a monster. He's just good at hiding it, just like his father."

"If that's what you have to say about him, then this conversation is over."

"No, no, don't go." She cried out when he tried to get up, "please, I just want to say that you are a son to me, no matter who birthed you."

"You are still my mother for me." Yo Han said when they both calmed down a bit, "and I don't want to cut you completely out of my life."

"Yo Han," Ji Eun said his name with hope.

"But do understand, for now I want you to stay away from me, until I come to you. And I want you to stop blaming Ba Reum for whatever his father did. He's a good man. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way."

Ji Eun promised tearfully to do just that and left him in peace. She was still convinced that Ba Reum was a wolf in sheep's clothes.

Ji Eun wasn't the only person that visited them. Hong Ju Hong Ju came to visit Yo Han daily, talking about her pregnancy and showing him the new echo's she had taken. She kept on talking about the petitions that were going around and all the news of the OZ members who had been caught and sentenced already.

Ba Reum had his own stream of visitors, ranging from Bong Yi and Dong Koo to the rest of his church group members, colleagues and even people from the neighbourhood he mostly patrolled in.

They all kept saying that they believed in his innocence from the start and easily caught up with him.

And of course, next to their friends and families, some journalist and reporters came, and Yo Han and Ba Reum had no problem letting them know exactly where they are. They didn't feel comfortable in the spotlight, but this was insurance for them.