2.

Satan watches from afar, leaning against the concrete side of a bakery that was built directly across the play ground. Seven year old Somang ran around with the other kids, the biggest smile spread across her chubby face. But Satan wasn't convinced by it because there was just something about her smile that seemed off to Satan.

He never meant to halt his duties and watch little Somang since he only arrived in the neighbourhood to collect on a deal. It had been several minutes since then and while strolling through, not wanting to go back to his office, he noticed a shift in the human aura around him. Someone was baring the glowing mark in their aura, a child. He had immediately identified the mark to be his own.

A mark he had placed onto an infant, 7 years ago. A baby who's meant to be his bride. It had stopped him dead in his tracks, not realizing that he hasn't seen the child since he left her at the Kim's house 5 years ago. Hours soon passed and Satan stayed by the bakery, watching as one by one the kids started to take their leave as it was nearing dusk. But little Somang was still there. Satan glanced around for the Kim's but didn't spot them amongst other parents.

When the last person left Somang's side, the sky had already turned a dark blue. Little Somang swung her legs back and forth before she got up from the bench and began trekking her way home.

Curiosity had gotten the better of Satan and before he could talk himself out of this, he began to followed the little girl with silent footfalls. She walked four more blocks until Somang reached the Kim's household. Satan stood, looking at the looming mansion while wondering why Somang walked all on her own with no one watching her.

Satan turnes himself invisible and continued to follow her into the mansion. A small geniune smile appeared on her face as she greeted the staff. Butlers and maids in finer clothing than you expect.

It was now around seven in the afternoon when Somang ran upstairs to her room to wash up and got ready for dinner which was normally at 8pm. As she padded out of her room and down the stairs, she smiled at the sight of her three brothers who were conversing together.

Seokjin, Namjoon and Taehyung were at the bottom of the steps and once they spotted her, they eagerly ushered her forward to the dining hall. Somang was loved by her three brothers and returned their affection ten times to them but at the same time she envied them. They always seemed to get all the attention from her parents, leaving her with barely nothing.

"How was school, Somang?" Taehyung spoke up first.

Somang thought back to eariler that day before she beamed. "It was pretty good! I made two new friends today, they're transfer students."

Somang began to eat, quietly. Her parents daring glances at her before ignoring and moving their attention to the others. They began discussing stuff with Namjoon and Seokjin, as they were the oldest and almost done with highschool.

Taehyung was currently in middle school and their mother was fussing about him making the correct choices for his future once he finished highschool. Since his two older brothers will be taking the role as heads of the company. Somang just sat there, pushing around the food in her plate while watching the family she wished she was never apart of because maybe then she would feel more happy.

Satan frowned in confusion at the whole interaction in the dining room. What was going on?

As the three boys began to retire for the night, Somang woke up from her seat along with them. Satan was just about to continue trailing her to make sure she went to bed before he leaves but he felt his feet glued to the floorboards of the dining room.

The sound of skin against skin still rang in his ears as watched Somang cling to her burning red cheek. Mrs. Kim had slapped the child so hard that the little girl stumbled and nearly lost her balance.

"You stupid girl," Mrs. Kim grunted out. "How dare you embarass our name at school? Picking fights with other students?! Such disgraceful behaviour."

Somang felt the tears pricking her eyes but she refused to shed any tears. "Eomma... Appa--"

Somang received another slap to the other cheek by Mr. Kim. "Don't you ever call us that. We are not your parents."

Satan knew that Somang had no idea that she was adopted. The lost confusion showed on her face but she was able to cover it up with a smile. The Kims turned their backs to her and Somang took it as her cue to go up to her room.

Going to bed, Seokjin opened her door and popped his head in, she greeted her brother who always checked up on her before bedtime. Her loving brothers who were oblivious as to what was going on.

"You okay, Somang?" Seokjin asked.

"Yep! I'm fine. I love you guys, goodnight!" Somang grinned, pulling the duvet around her.

Seokjin nodded, a small smile gracing his lips. "Night, Somang."

Satan watched the boy close the door and retreat to his own room. He glanced back to the bed where Somang sat, staring at her palms. Tears began to fall and she turned to her pillow, muffling her cries.

Something in Satan had snapped in him but he knew he couldn't act out his subconscious because he did not have a deal with them and it was illegal for magical creatures to interact with the human world without contracts.

Satan went back to his office, scaring half of them when he suddenly appeared. Trekking up to the higher steps so he could loom above them all with easy attention.

"Those of you who are in charge of Neighborhood 284, in the Seoul district, whatever contracts you have there with the humans now belongs to me. I'll be handling businesses there."

Getting off the podium, Satan was about to teleport again when two Grim Reapers had appeared by his side.

"San," One spoke up, using Satan's informal name that are usually reserved for friends. "What happened?"

"Something got my attention, I would like to stick around there for a bit."

Seonghwa and Wooyoung exchanged worried glances. Their friend had never got interested in anything. So with confused mindsets, they vowed to keep an eye on him.

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovely
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

wineisredder for helping me with this story