61: Lost Elegy

"Where had the elegy been,
when she needed the verse of Felicity?
Why was it dirge that came,
When she wanted delectation?"

***

Celestial Beryl was so lost with the pain that her surroundings doesn't matter anymore. She had totally forgotten how they were forbid to cry, to show emotion, but she couldn't take it anymore. Even if it means doom for her, it doesn't matter. Further dooms don't matter, she's so broken at the moment. She's mourning for her loss, she literally lost her world, her everything, the only reason of her survival, her mom.

And the pain was too much, too extreme that she couldn't control the flooding emotion in her chest. Her bowl of pain ran across the corners of Peakbrook, echoing and reverberating the silent woodland. She's at the hang of her sanity, she feels like she's gonna get crazy after this. Things won't be the same anymore, she was treated like a garbage and dumped by the heavens. It wasn't fair, she never experienced being happy at all. Her life was and is still full of suffering, she doesn't know how to handle the further pain in the future anymore. It's playing in her mind and the impact is thunderous, the trigger was enormous that she suddenly wants to die again, more determined this time.

She unknowingly walked back to the river, her feet moved as if it has its own life. Her feet brought her to the edge of the watercourse where several slippy rocks was laid peacefully. She kicked anything her feet could feel as the objects varying in sizes jumped off the water.

She slowly stepped on the water to get herself drowned again, but she felt a hard pull. She was pulled against her will away from the river. The strong hand remained on her arm, and she looked at it in anger.

"Let go," she said and looked at the man clenching his teeth in annoyance. His orbs were ablaze, he looks so mad.

"Not happening." The Archduke beamed.

She rolled her eyes and pulled away strongly, "I said fucking let me go!"

But he just gripped her again, much harder this time that his palm painted red mark on her skin.

"So you could kill yourself? Fuck no!" He said and grabbed her like a kid to the ground once again, away from the cold river. "I am the only one allowed to kill you no matter what."

"Then kill me!" She yelled, her heart was beating loud and fast, her body was shaking to the core. She feels cold and unpleasant.

He glared daggers at her, "I don't obey orders."

She pulled her arm once again and pushed him away, "Fuck you! Bakit mo pa ako tinulungan? Hayop ka! Hayaan mo na ko, pakialamero!" Sigaw niya at muling humakbang pabalik sa ilog. Ngunit bago niya pa magawa ang ikalawang hakbang ay mabilis siyang itinulak ng Archduke patungo sa gubat, hindi niya na napigilang magwala. "Bakit hindi mo nalang kaya ako patayin?"

Para siyang sakong pinulot ng Archduke at hinila patungo sa kagubatan, inilalayo siya sa tubig. Ganoon na lamang siya nagpumiglas.

"Just kill me you son of a--"

"I'll gladly do it, but you're drunk by madness. I cannot take that opportunity, it's fucking cheating. I'll kill you when you're sober as it would please my eyes. It's fascinating to kill someone who's afraid to die. It wouldn't please me if I kill you now because you asked me to. I do not follow anyone's command, not even my mother so back off." He said, now gripping her hair to stop her from struggling. "And fucking excuse me? I did not save you. You were freaking desperate and scared to death that you swam away the riverbed by yourself. You were asking for help, and how kind of me to lend a hand and help you out of that goddamn water. Now you made it sound like it's all my fault that you're breathing fine now."

She was so frustrated that she just screamed and cried her loudest. Nilakbay ng matinis niyang boses ang gubat, naghalo na doon ang samu't saring pakiramdam. Ang lungkot, galit, poot, at marami pang iba. Umiyak na lamang siya, masyado ng mabigat ang kaniyang dibdib. At mas lalo siyang nafufrustrate sa paraan ng paghila sa kaniya ng Archduke.

He was dragging her hair for fuck's sake! She almost crawl at the ground with his fast pace, and it's making her more depressed. Too depressed that she doesn't know what to do anymore.

"Stop crying, you litte-- just stop!" He screamed. Looks like the Archduke can lose his cool too. For the record, she was the reason behind it.

"I will wail as much as I want, back off, fuck you!" She cries as she grips his hand to stop him from dragging her hair. It's stings.

"What?" Reklamo pa ng Archduke nang hawakan niya ang kamay nito.

"AARRGHH!" Frustated niyang sigaw atsaka marahas na tinampal ang kamay nito, bumitaw ito saglit. Mabilis siyang tumayo at muling sumigaw ng napakalakas, sobrang lakas niyon na pwedeng naistorbo ang mga hayop o sinumang nananahimik sa gubat na iyon.

Just then, the Archduke totally lost his cool when he also yelled with her.

"What does it benefit you? It won't do any good!" He growled, "Fucking annoying, little shit!"

She may admitted defeat against the firmaments earlier, but not to him. She's so frustrated that she's unknowingly putting it all to him.

"It does! It lessen my pain. I will cry my heart out to lessen my pain. Dahil sobra na, sobra-sobra na, hindi ko na kaya. At kapag hindi ko pa ito mailabas ay sasabog na ang dibdib ko sa bigat, mamamatay na ako!" Sigaw niya at hinawakan ang Archduke sa kwelyo, bahala na kung hindi siya karapat-dapat na humawak sa Maharlika ngunit wala na siyang pakialam kahit na ikamatay pa niya. "Ayoko na! Pagod na pagod na ako! Bakit ganito? Bakit ako? Bakit ako nalang palagi?"

She let him go and faced the heaven to let out a large scream, "Do you have a problem with me? I don't want to question you at all, but why? I've had enough, I want answers, not further sufferings. Why?" She cried, her knees felt weak and she stumbled against the ground.

Muli siyang lumingon sa Archduke na ngayon ay tahimik lang siyang pinapanuod, "Bakit hindi mo nalang ako patayin? Bakit mo pa ako iniligtas! 'Di ba gusto mo akong patayin? Heto, hindi na ako tatakbo. Patayin mo na ako, ako na mismo ang nagmamakaawa sa'yo." Halos gumapang na siya paluhod upang magmakaawa, "Ano pa'ng hinihintay mo? Parang awa mo na, patayin mo nalang ako!"

Her breakdown was shameful, she was crawling like a broken slave, begging for something she wouldn't have whatever she do.

"Stop annoying me!"

Celestial stood up to smash the Archduke, to annoy him.

"Yan, magalit ka nang mapatay mo na ako!"

"Stop!" He said bracing himself from her nonstop hits, "You're lost and so are your elegies! Just stop!"

"Come on!" She said and ran to nowhere, no, she was running to a hollow.

The hollow beyond the cascade that no one knows how deep since nobody has fallen into the pit, the surface was already high enough for someone to fear from falling. But the girl had probably lost her mind, she ran towards the edge of the cascade fearlessly.

"I said stop--" The Archduke beamed right in front of her to stop her. He immediately braced her small body to leap away from the cascade, but the girl has strong and fast reflexes.

"Fuck off--" She growled.

"You litte--!"

It was too late to realize they were already falling on the hollow. Celestial took advantage of Chalcedony's grip, she dominated him and she jumped to the hollow letting the both of them fall into the unknown. The abyss was too deep, too unknown, enough to fear because the bottom was probably death.

And just that, they both fell into the unknown hollow like lost dirge with arms wrapped against each other.