23: Her Ham to Him

With Damien's loud curse, they all jolted a messy run. The twins bumped with each other as they went across ways while Celestial managed to run at the very inside of the tavern. The boys immediately followed with the basilisk chasing behind their backs. The basilisk created an unpleasant noise thundering the three escaping kids. But they did not bother looking back, they have no idea about the existence of such monster inside an underground tavern, but they knew pretty well thay they'll be doomed once they look into its eyes.

So, no looking back.

"That is not a freaking snake! It's a freaking giant basilisk!" Damien let his shit out bypassing Celestial who's now behind him, "We were fooled, the skin was of snake!"

Damon quickly catched up with Damien leaving Celestial behind, "But, what about the eggs? Those were snake's eggs! Does that mean we have another company aside from that basilisk?"

“Whatever just run and don't look at its eyes! Run for your lives!” Muling sigaw ni Damien at hinila ang kapatid nang mapagtantong nangunguna na ito, “Sandali, ako ang mauuna, ba’t ikaw ang nauuna?”

Damien suddenly realized they have another company. The girl! He immediately looked back without hesitation, focusing his attention and eyes on the girl trying to catch with their speed. Just when she reached his post, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her for a hasty run. She almost stumble down when he grabbed her calcareous.

“Aray ko naman!”

“Bilisan mo! Kanina lang ang bilis mong nakatakbo. Ngayon may padapa-dapa ka na, bilis na!” Sigaw ni Damien at walang pag-iingat na hinila ang babae.

Hindi na nila alam kung saan na sila patungo. Para lang itong stage at may lagusan sa magkabilang tagiliran. Paglabas nila sa kabila ay iikot na naman sila upang pumasok sa kabila. Ganoon ang kanilang sistema.

Huli na nang mapagtanto nilang wala nang sumusunod sa kanila. Ngunit sa halip na matuwa ay mas nakaramdam sila ng takot. The basilisk is probably hiding somewhere and is about to freak them out. They should get out now!

They stopped to catch their breathes. Sakto pang sa lugar kung saan naroroon ang mga itlog sila nahinto. Celestial stared at Damien in shock and confusion. She cannot believe how reckless he is! Hindi pa nito binibitawan ang kaniyang mga kamay. Naghahabol din ito ng hininga at mukhang wala siyang balak na bitawan.

Damon on the other hand panted with wide eyes as he stared at the eggs. Something's freaking happening to the eggs! It's hatching!

“Another! Mom! Mother! The eggs are hatching, what do we do?” Damon blurted out, “Now, these are snakes! Does this mean that aside from the basilisk, there is also a big snake here?”

Probably. Aside from the basilisk, they also have another company which is a serpent. It doesn't look like a normal snake, it's big, giant, and scary.

“Just shut the fudge up and run!” Damien squealed and prepared for a big run once again.

Just before they could escape their posts and the eggs could finally hatch, someone interrupted their almost idiotic scene.

“Oy, ang tatanga niyo! ‘Wag kayong maingay, hahabulin kayo lalo ng basilisk!”

Sabay-sabay silang napalingon sa bagong dating.

“Van? Van!”

The Prince came! He followed them! Paano nito nalaman na nasa underground tavern sila? Damn, this Prince is really something. He's already extraordinary at his age, what more if he grows up?

“Sabi nang ‘wag maingay!” The Prince shut them out, “And whatever happens never look straight into its eyes! And don't let it breathe on you, understood?"