24: Aghast Psyche

The serpents began chasing them and they separated ways. Tumakbo sa kaliwa sina Van at Damon samantalang si Damien ay walang ingat na hinila si Celestial patungo sa kanan. Walang nagawa si Celestial kundi ang humabol sa bilis nito. Wala itong pakialam, siguro'y kung nasa sentro sila'y marami na itong naistorbo, naapakan at nabangga. At kahit na sigawan pa ito ng mga tao'y wala parin itong pakialam. Hindi niya inakalang may parteng ganoon si Damien, mahirap hamunin at kalabanin ang isang 'to, hindi mo pwedeng biru-biruin. Ikaw ang lugi.

Hindi na nila alam kung saang parte na sila naparoon. Ang tanging alam nila'y underground ang kinaroroonan nila. Ibig sabihin lamang ay dalawa ang maaring hanggang ng kanilang pagtakbo, makahanap sila ng lagusan palabas o makulong na sila. Ngunit hindi naman nila hahayaang doon malipasan ng gabi, gagawa at gagawa sila ng paraan upang makalabas. Maging ang inosenteng batang babae ay magnanais na gumawa ng paraan upang makalabas kaysa manatili sa underground at magtago na lamang.

They panted as they ran away. Just when they suddenly lost the monsters, they hid behind a devastated wall to catch their breathes. Binawi ni Celestial ang kaniyang kamay at hinawakan ang dibdib upang maghabol ng hininga habang si Damien ay nanatiling nakatayo sa kaniyang gilid, nagbabantay at nag-aabang kung naroroon na ba ang mga halimaw na sumusunod sa kanila.

Celestial was about to stare at Damien with questionable eyes when she caught Damien already staring at her with confusion and questions in his entire face. She blinked and looked away. She felt her cheeks burning, she couldn't stand the way he stared at her. She couldn't think properly knowing that she's freaking lost with a stranger underground!

Why did he even bother grabbing her away from the monsters? Why did he even bother looking back for her instead of going further? And he's starting at her like with unexplainable look! This feeling is so new, her young heart couldn't take it.

"It's you!" Damien blurted out after seconds of staring.

She tried staring back at her but she just stuttered, "W—what?"

"It's you!"

Damien grabbed her cape to clear the view. Naging malinis kay Damien ang hitsura ni Celestial. His eyes widened with what he realized. He did not realize it so soon, kung hindi pa niya ito tinitigan ay hindi niya ito makikilala. What the fish is her ability? Can she conceal herself? Her aura or presence? Bakit hindi niya ito nakilala?

Those eyes! Those freaking perfect uneven hues, those damning immaculate orbs. It's her, the girl who has been haunting him from his nightmares! The unblemished indefectible impeccable kid in the Abyss.

"What the fish!" He exclaimed.

Celestial grabbed the cape back and stepped away from him. Pure innocence hitting her reaction, and it was the cutest thing for him. She withdraw and gulp as she captures his entirety. She did not had the chance to stare at him, to memorize his looks, nor just to take a few features of him. Now she has the very chance, and conning him makes her tremble.

She gulps as she meet his cerulean orbs. Gone was the navy blue, it's back to cerulean now. She thinks he's calm already. He always has this mischievous look, it would take everything for others but it's so natural to him. The smirk on his face screams it all, his perfection, his pride, and royalty. She thought only the Prince has this amazing features that screams perfection, looks like every damn single sovereign in Eufrata screams for perfection. The way they move, the way they authoritatively act and speak; perfect.