2

2024

“What in the hell…” Daniella snapped as the rackets got louder. Usually the building she lives in is peaceful but for the past hour or so someone has been moving in the apartment below her and causing all sorts of noise.

She decided to went down stairs and see what is happening.

“Please tell me you are just visiting,” Daniella asked the familiar figure.

“Oh lord,” George groaned. “Please tell me you don’t actually live in this building.”

Daniella gave him a look and he got the answer.

“Why are you in Monaco?” Daniella asked. “I thought you said you are never going to leave England.”

“Didn’t you say the same thing?” George point it out taking a jab at her breakup with Lando, a smirk on his face. “Yet here you are in Monaco as well.”

“You are a dick.”

“Only for you Daniella.”

***

“You hate me,” Daniella said through the phone. “I know you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you Dani…no one hates you,” Toto huffed. “Well George does…but I really didn’t know he was going to live in the same building as you. Maybe he wants a indoor pool too.”

Daniella rolled her eyes. “Only my penthouse has the indoor pool.”

“Well, maybe you can share it with you new teammate and be friends,” Toto suggested, enjoying talking to Daniella who was frustrated and he has nothing better to do at the moment. “Besides, he is not moving her permanently, he is going to go back home every now and then.”

“I am not sharing my pool with George,” she said through her gritted teeth. “In fact, he is never stepping through my front door.”

“Maybe he will come through the window,” Toto joked.

“I will electrify my windows.”

***

George watched Daniella from far as she took a couple of selfies with some fans and had a quick chat before continuing  with her night walk.

She goes for a walk everytime she needs to clear her mind and George himself have accompanied her a couple of times years ago when they were friends.

George put his hands in his pockets and continue with his walk, trying to not look at Daniella who far ahead of him.

Ever since her break up with Lando she has carried a weight in her heart and on her shoulders. Not many people knows why the couple broke up but George was a witness to what happened. He can’t help but feel bad for Daniella but at the same time the part that has grown to dislike her feels like she deserves it.

But once again he can’t help but look at her as she kept walking.

***

Daniella let out a deep breath as she read through the texts Lando has sent her a couple of hours ago, the reason why she needed to clear her mind.

Its been months but she still can’t believe that the perfect relationship she had with Lando was destroyed. The entire situation was too much for her and within a month she moved to Monaco. Of course Lando tried to stop her but she was too stubborn and didn’t want anything to do with him. Even though they are somewhat civil now, she can help but feel heartbroken when she sees him and remembers the pain he caused her. Maybe it was all because both were young and their relationship was moving too fast but nevertheless she got hurt and no amount of explanations or justification is going to make it better.

She wiped away the tears from her cheek as she decided not to respond to the texts. As it was time to head back she turned around but was bumped into someone.

“Woah! I am sorry…”

“Don’t worry about it…”

Both stopped as they realized who the other person was.

“Actually I am not sorry,” Daniella sassed.

“Wait… are you okay?” George asked as he noticed her puffy eyes.

“Of course, why won’t I be. ” Daniella rolled her eyes, try to act tough but George saw through her.

“You are not as strong as you think you are Michaels,” George smirked, his concerned expression is now gone.

“Congratulations Russell, you have eyes,” Daniella said dryly before walking past him.

George turned around and look at her walk away, his smirked fell and once again looked concerned.

**********

A/N: Thoughts on George and Dani?

What do you think happened between Dani and Lando?

Is there any other aspects in Dani's life that you want me to explore?