Chapter 3

I woke up to feeling movement under me. I cracked one eye to see that I had my arm and head on Jc's chest. He was just starting to wake up. I quickly shot up rubbing my burning eyes because I slept with my contacts in.

"Um Im sorry. I feel asleep and didn't realize..." I said awkwardly my eyes killing me.

"It's okay." He said sitting up. I couldn't take it any longer I had to take these contacts out. I jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. Jc looked confused when I bolted out. He came running in the bathroom after me.

"Are you okay?" He asked sounding worried.

"Um yeah I just forgot to take my contacts out last night." I said slipping on my glasses. "Sorry you have to see me like this."

"What do you mean 'sorry'?" He asked pushing his glasses up higher on his face.

"I look so ugly in these glasses." I said looking in the mirror discussed with what I saw.

"You could never look ugly." He mumbled where I couldn't hear him.

"What?" I said looking at his blushing face.

"Oh um I said that I don't think you look ugly in them." He said his face the color of a tomato. I'm sure mine looked the exact same way.

"Thanks." I said even though I knew he was lying.

"So um do you live by yourself?" He said louder than usual. Maybe he's starting to open up.

"I wish. My dad lives with me but he's always out of town for work." I said walking into the kitchen. I opened the fridge to grab some orange juice.

"What about your mom?" I froze. I've never had anyone ask me that. I've always kept it to myself by not letting anyone come to my house. I've built a wall around myself so people would never know about my past.

"Are you okay?" Jc said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Um no um..." I couldn't think of what to say. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't any longer. I burst into tears. Jc looked shocked for a second while I just stood there and cried. Slowly he walked up to me hesitantly opening his arms out for me. I don't know what came over me but I ran into his arms. I usually would never do this but I've never had someone care for me so I wasn't thinking. Even though Jc was a nerd I really needed someone right now.

He hugged me tighter and pulled me to the couch. I say down and he sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. I don't know what came over me but I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head in his chest.

He didn't try to say anything knowing it would only make things worse. Instead he just sat there with his arm around me. Even though I could tell that there was a part if him that was still uncomfortable about all of this. After I had finally ran out of tears I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said looking down embarrassed.

"It's fine." He said. I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my face.

"The reason that I started crying was..." I had to stop and take a deep breath.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Jc said.

"No. It's time that I tell someone. I've kept it to myself my whole life." I said looking up at Jc. His eyes told me that he was listening and that he cared.

"When I was 16 my mom died in a wreck. A drunk driver ran straight into her killing her instantly. When she died all I felt was numb. I stopped caring how I looked. I had to wear these glasses everyday of my life." I said pointing to the ones I had on. "Life was horrible. That's when I started to get bullied. Kids thought it was funny to pick on the ugly nerd who's mom died. It got to the point where I was ready to kill myself. That's when I moved to our school. I stopped wearing these glasses and wore contacts. I lost a lot of weight and fixed my hair every morning. I never told anyone all that because I didn't want things to go back to the way they were." I said with fresh tears coming out.

"That's why....that's why I treat you so bad. I always pushed you around because I thought it would make you feel like I did. I was so selfish and I took it out on you. I didn't want to be the only one to feel the sting of being bullied. That's why I did all of those horrible things to you." I took a deep breath trying to collect myself. "I am so sorry. For everything that I have ever done to you." I said looking him straight in the eyes.

"Don't be. You've had a bad past. I understand." He said rubbing my back.

"No you don't!" I shouted. "You don't get it! I bullied you because I wanted you to hate life just as much as I did! I wanted to be better than someone for once and I hurt you to feel that joy!" I said sick of my own words. I couldn't believe that I had did that to him. He did nothing wrong and I hurt him.

"Morgan. I may be a nerd but you aren't the first to bully me. I've been bullied my whole life. You shouldn't feel bad. You get used to it after a while." I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"How could I not feel bad? I hurt you the same way that people hurt me. I sat back and watched My own boyfriend, Ricardo, hit you several times and you act like its no big deal?" I was looking him straight in the eye but I couldn't find any emotion.

" I'm not saying that it didn't hurt, I'm just use to it." He said shrugging.

"But how could people do that to you?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't they?" He said looking down.

"Because your amazing." I said. My eyes went wide once I realized what I said.

"I'm not even close to amazing. I'm just a nerd. " he said pushing up his glasses higher.

"No you aren't. Your caring. You just sat here and listened to me cry for an hour and after everything I did to you...." I said.

"That's still not gonna change the fact I'm a nerd. I haven't even had my first kiss." He said whispering the last part but I heard him.

"I could change that..." I said looking into his eyes.