the boy next door.

(young) Rosie’s P.O.V

I open my tired little eyes. I could here cars pulling up outside my house, and people shouting. I tried to get out of my toddler bed to have a look what was going on, but it was no use. I was too small. I hate being 4!!! I wish I was a big girl like my sister Emily.. but no! im the baby of the family and it sucks! I have to go to bed so early and I am stuck watching pepper pig! I love the show but I want to watch the fighting and funny movies with Emily and her friends. I notice my pepper pig teddies at the end of my bed and climb onto them. They feel soft under my feet, as I take another step hoping that I can reach out and pull my curtains out of the way. My little figures are barley able to grip onto the soft fabric. I wont give up, I am determined to  see the people who awoke me from my wonderful dream of fairies and unicorns. I jump up, grabbing onto the fabric and rip it to the side, the bright sun piercing into my eyes and pail skin, I slowly open up my eyes, and I see them, a family.

The house next door to me had been empty for a few weeks, my best friend Suzy used to live there. But her daddy made them move, I never want anyone to live there again! And now there is a mummy, a daddy and a girl, not a little girl but a big girl! Emily is going to have a friend and im going to be on my own! AGAIN!!

I jump off my teddies and onto my bed, grabbing my Barbie dolls and throwing them around the room, screaming!

My door opened and in walked Emily, “I hate you!” I scream at her… she cant help but giggle. I hate her! She always makes the friends and she can do what she wants, I wish I was a big girl like her!

“Oh no, not again” she pulled a pretend sad face and came over to me, she sat on the floor besides my bed. “Why this time?” she looked at me, I put my Barbie dolls down, I had to think about this question..

“you, your, you’re a big girl!” the words stumbled out of my mouth. “I want to be big! I hate being little! I hate Barbie dolls and pepper pig! I want to be big, and have friends!”

she gave me a sad look then let out a sigh, “your always going to be my big girl” she gave me a hug, “what brought this on?” I pointed to the window, she stood up and picked me up so I could look too. “so I see you’ve seen the new neighbours?” I nodded then began to cry “ your going to be friends with that big girl and you will forget about me.. I don’t have any friends!” I looked away from her.

“I may become friends with her..” I looked at the ground, sad. “ But…” she continued “ I will never forget about you. Its me that’s worried you’ll forget about me with that boy being next door.”

A boy what boy? Boys were yucky!! And there were no boys there!! I looked up and there he was. A young boy, around my age maybe older… he had curly hair and it looked like green eyes. “boys are yucky!” I screamed at Emily , she giggled and said, “soon, soon you will understand” she began to tickle me then put me down “get dressed” she said as she was leaving my room “im taking you to the park” I jumped up and ran to my draws.