A SKULKS TALE

' Aaah, Johnny! I knew you'd come around and give me a call. Ha ha ha ha.' Van Oslow

' I'm ready...'

' Now we don't have time to waste. Meet me at West Avenue. Off main street. We can have our discussion there.'

' I don't like getting into things I haven't fucking talked about!'

' Yes, yes I know. Hurry up and meet me at that address. Don't come in your uniform. It's more of a casual evening.' Van Oslow then cuts the call.

' I'm starting to hate this phone.' As I stared at the white phone.

I packed my uniform and my pair of sais in a bag just in case Van Oslow packs another surprise for me. A quick dash downstairs is the best way to get out of the flat without gaining any attention.

' I should've asked Royce to fix the damn lift.' I said to myself as I climbed down the stairs.

I stopped at the receptionist's desk.

' Mr Carter, there's...'

' I'll be gone for the night, maybe for tomorrow as well. Just know that I'm not expecting anyone to come and visit me.' I interrupted her.

' A man named Victor is on the phone for you.' She replied.

' Your phone?'

' Yes, he wants to speak to you right now.' She nodded.

' Give me the phone.' I grabbed it from her hand.

' Who is this?!'

' Don't act like you know anyone else named Victor besides me Johnny. Meet me at 303,Coventry, opposite the supermarket. Got it?' Van Oslow.

' Why are you changing the addresses? I told you that I don't like playing these games!'

' The telephone in your room is a bug. Royce must even listen to the films you watch hahaha. Meet me at Coventry. Royce is already running after a ghost at West Avenue.' He cuts the call every time.

' Don't forget what I told you Lynn!' As I ran out of the building.

' Alright!' She replied.

I jumped into my car and zoomed off into the night of the city. I played my favorite song from the only cassette I had.

' Some songs never get old.'

I arrived at Van Oslow's home in the suburbs of Coventry. He was waiting for me on a chair on his porch.

' Johnny! Hahahaha. Smoke?'

I rejected the cigarette and stood in front of him.

' You don't seem like a man in a rush. Is this some joke to you?' I said.

' Go inside.' He replied whilst lighting his cigar.
I stepped into his home which was the opposite of the perfect green grass outside.

' Is this why Royce wants you dead? You're trying to take over her marijuana kingdom?' I laughed.

' You find it funny. Ha! You sure you don't want to smoke?'

' I don't take marijuana or tobacco.'

He walked up to me and held my shoulder and looked up at me.

' Haven't you heard the saying? Don't take what you sell. Ha ha!'

' Now, I want you to...'

' I'm not doing anything until you tell me my end of the bargain. What's in it for me Victor?'