THE WRAITH OF SIN: PART 1

Another pit stop on my way to know what the hell had happened to my life all of a sudden. I headed back to my apartment to continue with my daily routine of misery. I exhaled all that energy as I sat on my single couch, staring at the mini fridge.

' Based on the madness I keep encountering, I think I deserve a bottle or two.'

I finished all the bottles in that fridge like a mad man.

' It just doesn't feel the same without you.' I said to myself as I looked shamefully to the floor.

' A trip down memory lane would do it. I haven't even been there since 1885, hahaha. 9 months ago ha!' As I placed my palm on my forehead in laughter.

I then stood up, picked up my car keys, snatched my wallet and walked out of my apartment.

' Then Tiffy's it is!' I screamed right before closing the door.

I got into the camaro and turned it on. I just sat there and felt the vibrations of the engine through the steering wheel. Trying to get myself together.

' Ok, you can do this... It's just another pit stop. I will find the answers I'm looking for.' I said to myself.

I took a slow and nostalgic drive to Tiffy's bar, a place filled with so many memories from my past. After locking my car at the car park, I took a good look at the place.

' What a hundred years can do. I don't even recognize you anymore.'

I walked into the bar with a straight face and silent manner. I saw the spot I used to sit on was free for me to grab. Sitting on it gave me a bit of a smile and I always sat at an angle facing away from the counter. Facing Zia, who'd always sit on my left side. But she wasn't there, it was some stranger who didn't even know how old I really was. Just like me.

' You're new around here, aren't yeah?' Asked the bartender as she was whipping down a tumbler.

' You could say that.' Smiling back at her.

' Then what would you like to drink, it's on the house.' She smiled back at me.

I turned my seat to face her.

' I'll have the Budweiser, thanks.' As I placed my elbow on the counter.

' One cold Budweiser coming right up.' She replied as she walked away.

' I'm new around here too.' Said the stranger who was seated next to me. On Zia's spot.

I turned my seat back towards her.

' Well hello, that's the first thing we have in common.'

' I can guess the next thing we have in common.' She smiled back at me.

' Shitty jobs, that's why we're here in the middle of the week.' She added.

' That explains the lab coat.' I added whilst sipping my beer.
' It's hard to be happy these days.' I added

' I'll toast to that.' She said whilst lifting her glass towards me.

' Why?' I laughed whilst lifting my bottle towards her glass.

' Honesty, that's why.' She replied.

We toasted to our lives and drank our beers like we were promised new ones.

' I'm Terra by the way. Terra Jones.' She said as she drew herself closer to me.

' John, John Carter.' I replied right before sipping my drink.