Chapter Six

Chongyun slowly made his way home, sneaking in quietly so his mother wouldn't hear. He only wanted her to think he just stayed at a friend's house for the night. But he began to miss Xingqiu. I... still can't believe I almost kissed him. That was crazy. Suddenly, his phone beeped. Probably Xingqiu.

Hey Chongyun, sorry about what happened.

Chongyun? What happened to YunYun, Chongyun thought, scratching his head.

Oh don't worry.. but can I ask something?

Sure.

What.. are we? I mean.. we almost kissed..

Nothing.

What do you mean nothing?

We can't be friends.

Chongyun stared at his phone in shock. Xingqiu appeared to be really happy that night, they even cuddled and held hands.. did Xingqiu not like him?

Chongyun sighed and decided to just go to sleep.

. . . . .

Xingqiu showed his mom his phone.

"Good. I never want you around that boy again. He's infecting you, Xingqiu, you deserve a more positive influence." his mom said.

Xingqiu nodded, on the verge of tears. His mother soon left his room. He had wanted to be with Chongyun. He loved Chongyun. He couldn't get his mind off of Chongyun almost kissing him.

He rolled around in his bed. He was tempted to sneak out and go explain everything to Chongyun. But he couldn't face Chongyun after shooing him away like that. I mean, he still has Xinyan right? Those two also seem to be close. Even if Xiangling doesn't like him, maybe Xinyan does? She's always singing songs and bouncing around... she's so loud.

Xingqiu laid down and sighed. He didn't know what to do. I guess I might as well just sit around in my room for a few days. I'm too scared to go out. Mom's probably telling Dad what happened now, and he gets really scary sometimes.

Xingqiu closed his eyes, soon drifting off to sleep.