Discovery of New Fears

"Okay." Techno looked up at the stairs, he grinned and slowly climbed them. He looked at the three doors. One had paintings of bees towards the bottom of it. The one in the center had a green door knob, the one on the right was plain...

Techno slowly opened the door and peeked his head in, Dream looked up and Tubbo gasped.

"Hello!"

"Oh- uh, Hello." Techno replied, only expecting to see Dream in their own room.

"This is Tubbo, my adopted brother."

"Hi...Tubbo."

"What's your name?"

"It's Technoblade." The little boy sat up and walked up to the piglin.

"Are you a friend of my brother's?" Techno looked down at the boy, and then at Dream. He smirked.

"Rivals...seems more appropriate."

"Don't listen to him, we're friends."

"Okay, 'friend,' let's go outside." Techno cheerily noted in his monotone speech. Dream scoffed and followed Technoblade out the door.

"Stay up here Tubbo, I'll come get you later." Tubbo was about to say something when Dream closed the door in his face.

"Wait-" Tubbo lamely called, but Dream didn't respond.

"Well, where do you want to fight?" Techno said once they were outside the house. He grabbed his sword and swung it over his shoulder.

"Ah...here's alright."

"You sure?" Techno grew worried, with them still being able to hear the children's laughter. And it being so close.

"Yep." Dream took the first swing, Techno raised his sword just in time to block it.

"C'mon Techno! I though you were training for months!" Dream laughed as he went for another strike, his arm slipped past technos arm. The piglin gripped his arm and flung his to his left. Dream fell to the floor with a thud, he grunted and quickly got back to his feet. He scrambled to his sword and gripped it just as Techno was about to plunge his own sword downwards. Dream rolled out of the way and tilted his sword horizontally before Technoblade could swing down.

"Hehe, I thought you were training for months!" Techno mocked Dream, who only laughed.

"You're going to fucking loose." Dream spat, and Techno only gawked at the two shields that leaned against the willow tree. He pulled his sword away and grabbed a shield for himself before Dream could slice his leg open.

"I see." Dream waltzed over and Technoblade protected the other shield, by lowering his sword in front of it.

"Your not even going to let me get one? That's just unfair."

"Hey, you never said there were rules. You just attacked me first." Techno pushed forwards, Dream yelped as he was shoved to the ground again. He brushed the dirt and leaves off his clothes as he stood up.

"Okay. The rules are: no fatal injuries. Let me have a shield, and uh, a fair fight...that's all."

"Okay." Techno curled his fingers around the handle on the other shield and threw it over to Dream.

"Thanks." Dream caught it in the air and adjusted it to fit in his hand just right.

"Now I want a clean fight." Techno announced, and immediately the two swords were clashing against one another.

...

"Okay, Tommy. Let's try this...tell me what you already know."

Tommy looked up at Phil, he nodded and then Tommy stared at the floor instead of her eyes.

"Okay then.." She stood up and went over one of her shelves. She moved the books and read the titles before pulling one out.

"Listen, he won't be able to open up immediately. I'll give you this book. Go over them tonight. Some kids need adjusting to school earlier on then other kids do." She took her seat and handed them to Phil who thanked her.

"Here's what you should do, go over 13 in the morning. Then the rest at night. Do that for two days, then bring him back and to it here. If he remembers them good. If I ask him to read me the letters from the book and he struggles then I can identify the problem more. Easy?"

"Right. Yeah, thanks."

"Okay well. I think that's all we should do for today." She sat up and motioned for Phil to follow her. They went to the kitchen where Wilbur had just finished the cake.

"Ah, Puffy! Did you make this."

"Niki did."

"It's wonderful." He smiled at her and she thanked him, even though it wasn't her place.

"Where's Techno?"

"Outside, in the back." Phil and Tommy went to the door. When they opened it Technoblade was knealing on Dreams back and was holding the sheath of his sword up to Dreams throat. Techno was pulling on the strap and yanked it back so Dream wouldn't be able to breath. Dream was slamming his fist on the ground, and the other hand was trying to pull it away. Techno laughed and called out,

"Give up! C'mon! Say it!"

"You win! You win!" Dream ghastly responded through his short airway left. Techno sat up and dropped the sword. Dream gasped and rubbed his neck.

"Techno." Phil sternly responded, Technoblade's smile faded and he apologized quickly.

"See ya, Dream." Techno went inside the house and Phil made sure to say enough apologies to fill the air.

"Alright, we'll be on our way then."

Puffy gasped as the loud crying from up stairs, she looked at Dream who just stood up and swung his hood over his hair.

"Tubbo? It's alright dear." Puffy opens the door and scooped up the crying boy, she went back down the stairs and waved Phil and the others off. Tommy stared at the crying toddler for a while longer until they rounded the corner.

"Dream. Did you lock him in your room."

"What? No."

"Dream."

"Maybe."

"Ugh! I thought I told you to be mindful of him.." Their voices faded away as they both entered the home.