His Beginning

A/N: We are going to see what Toby's been up to as his first days as the trollhunter.

Also, be prepared. Imma pull some unexpected people into this.

"Sooo, he went back in time and decided to start everything again." Douxie concluded, based on what he had just heard from Merlin. The master wizard just pinched the bridge of his nose and groaned.

"Yep, that's basically what happened."

"Poor kid, imagine what must be going on through his head right now," Archie added, sitting on Douxie's shoulder.

"I can only imagine Arch," replied the teen wizard.

Trollmarket, late at night,

This was Toby's second day in Trollmarket. His first was least to say memorable. Unsurprisingly, Draal did not take the news of a human trollhunter too well. Vendel was less impressive of Toby and the Scoothscryer's verdict was once again inconclusive. Also, Draal nearly whacked the shit out of Toby, which afterwards Blinky promised he would train Toby to reach his greatest potential, which Toby was thankful for.

Today, they were going to start on some moves and basic sparring. The three (Toby, Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!) were already in the Forge, preparing to start.

"Alright, Master Tobias, we will begin with improving your speed and reflexes. What is going to happen is I will activate the Forge and you will have to do your best and try and evade Aaarrrgghh!!, who will try and catch you. Are you ready?" Blinky asked, a hand already on the switch.

"Yeah, wait no. Could you-" Toby began.

It was too late. Blinky had stomped his foot twice once he heard Toby say 'yeah', and activated the Forge. Toby pulled out the amulet and recited the incantation.

"For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command!"

Blue light begin circling Toby as he was encased in the armor, Daylight in his hand. He looked up to see Aaarrrgghh!! charging towards him.

"Here we go," Toby said to himself before running into the opposite direction.

Half an hour later, Toby was out of breath. Aaarrrgghh!! had managed to catch him a total of 27 out of 28 times. The other time, it was the Krubera who accidentally got hit by an axe. If he hadn't he probably would have caught him too. Blinky just facepalmed.

"Well, now we have something to work on more. But we can attend to that later. Now, we must teach you how to use the sword," Blinky said, reactivating the Forge. Toby, still trying to catch his breath, prepared his sword.

"I'm ... r-ready. Let's d-d-do t-this" Toby gasped.

Just 15 minutes later, training had to be stopped. Toby was lying dead on the ground. He couldn't move at all due to all the intense movement. Blinky sighed, he and Aaarrrgghh!! had a lot of work to do to get Toby into shape. The latter woke up to Toby, who was still lying still, catching his breath.

"Hmm... Toby okay?" the giant troll asked.

"Y-Y-Yeah ... wooooo, I just... need to catch my breath," replied Toby.

"Are you sure you're okay to continue, Master Tobias?" Blinky asked.

"Umm, yeah. Just probably for one last time for today," Toby replied. Blinky just nodded.

"Very well. Prepare yourself then." Toby stood up and got ready. Blinky smiled and reactivated the Forge. Unbeknownst to Toby, the two trolls felt like they knew this chubby fleshbag. They had no idea how or why. They felt like he always went everywhere with someone, maybe that Jim person, who also sounded familiar to them. But they kept that matter to themselves.