Goblins and Gnomes

"RUN!" Eli screamed.

That was the last thing Steve heard before he saw the smaller boy running as quickly as he could. Steve followed suit, and the goblins immediately noticed and charged for them.

"Waka Chaka!" they growled as they chased the teens. 

"AAAHH!" Steve screamed as he and Eli ran down the street. "What do we do?"

"I don't know!" Eli screamed, as the goblins almost caught up with them. "We can't fight all of them."

"Uh, we need to seek refuge!" Steve suggested, hitting two goblins away with his bat. "My house! This way!" The two boys cut through some back lanes, with the goblins following close behind.

They ran until they reached Steve's back door. Steve lunged at the doorknob. It was locked.

"Damn," he said. "It's locked."

"So OPEN IT!" Eli screamed. Steve fumbled for a key in his pocket but brought out a bunch.

"Uh, okay, which one is it?" Steve asked himself, looking through the bunch of keys, his hands shaking. "Come on, where are you?"

"Hurry up Steve! I hear them!" Eli warned, holding his weapon tightly.

"I'M TRYING!" Steve shouted back before holding up a key. "AHA!" He pushed the key into the keyhole and the door swung open. "Hurry in!" he urged Eli, as the smaller boy leapt into the house. Steve slammed the door shut and locked it. Both boys took relieved sighs.

"Phew. That was close," Eli said, wiping sweat of his forehead.

Before Steve could answer, someone called for him.

"Steve! Is that you?"

"Uh, yeah mom! I'm home! I'll just be in my room!" Steve replied, pushing Eli up the stairs. They entered the room and Steve shut the door.

"Okay," Steve started, "Now what? OhMYGod! The goblins know where I live now! AAAHHH!!" He started screaming and running around the room. Eli face-palmed before grabbing ahold of Steve by the shoulders and shaking him back to reality.

"Focus Steve!" he shouted, "We are the Creepslayerz, with a z. We have to think to win this war! Jim is counting on us!"

Steve stopped panicking, took a deep breath before pumping a fist into the air. "Yeah! We're the Creepslayerz!" He shouted as the two did their signature move.

After they finished, they sat down. "Okay, so what do we do now?" Steve asked.

"Hmm, probably we find where they are coming from," Eli suggested.

"What, like a nest?" Steve asked.

"Possibly," Eli answered. "Now, we just gotta find out which places could possibly be secluded enough to hide a goblin nest.

"Bro, everywhere is quite secluded after dark. We need to think deeper," Steve said, scratching his chin.

"Ahh, we were only helpful later on, not now," Eli complained. 

"Don't give up so fast Pepperjack! Jim trusted us with this. We can't let him down," Steve said. 

Eli sighed. "You're right. We just need to think deeper."

"We're on our own," Steve said. "Jim needs to focus on helping Domzalski."

"I agree," Eli said.

---------------------------------------------------

Strickler made his way into the museum, where he met an angry Bular, a very calm Nomura and several goblins walking on and around the bridge.

"What's up with him?" Strickler asked.