1-First day of school

--Monday 7:20 am—

[Aether POV]

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, I turned it off as fast as possible. After I stretched and let out a loud yawn, I went to the kitchen to go have breakfast with my sister Lumine. "Good Morning" she said enthusiastically, it seemed like she was already awake for a longer period of time. "Morning" I mumbled as I sat down at the table. I began to toast some bread, while Lumine placed a cup of coffee in front me. "I hope we'll have a nice first day of school, I bet we'll meet loads of nice people there" she said as optimistic as ever. "Mhm" is the only thing I could utter with a full mouth.

After I finished eating I went in my room to change. I wanted to go for simple look, so that I won't attract too much attention. But Lumine said I should put on my crop top, because I look so good in it. So I decided to follow her wishes, cause why not. She wore a nice blue skirt and a simple t-shirt. After I also braided my hair, we grabbed our school bags and walked to the school, which took about 15min.

The closer we came to the entrance, the more nervous I got. Will they think I'm weird? Maybe they don't like my long hair, or my crop top. Lumine seemed to have noticed my worried expression, "Everything is gonna be alright, don't worry too much" she said, trying to cheer me up. It worked a little bit, but I was still over thinking stuff.

I was caught in thoughts 'till I saw a hand waving in front of my face. "Come on snap out of it, we're here" Lumine said, while she was opening the door to our classroom. I quickly caught up to her and followed her in. We were right on time, most of the students were already sitting at their places and the teacher was there too. As soon as he noticed us, he greeted us with a friendly smile "You must be the new students, Lumine and Aether, was it? I'm Mr. Zhongli. Let's see, Lumine you'll sit there next to Amber, and Aether you'll sit one row behind her, next to Kazuha." We followed his orders, I sat down next to a boy with whitish hair, he had one red strand, which looked really cool. "Hi" I said nervously "Your name is Kazuha, right? I'm Aether". "It's a pleasure to meet you Aether" he responded with a warm smile. "Since you're new here maybe I could introduce some people to you", I really didn't know anybody out of this class, except for Lumine of course, I nodded and said "That would be nice". He started introducing some students "The boys in the front are Venti and Bennett, the girls are Barbara and Ayaka. The ones next to us are Hu Tao and Keqing." I was trying really hard to remember all the names, but I think I already forgot half of them. "Those two boys with blue hair, are Chongyun and Xingqiu, the girls at the window are Ganyu and Fischl. Next to them is Xiangling, the girl in front of is Amber, and the boy behind us is Xiao." Then one student came in, she looked like some kind of rock star "Who's that" I asked quietly. "That's Xinyan, she might look frightening but she is actually really nice". Then another boy came in, he had grey hair, which looked 'wild'. "That's Razor, he moved here from another country some years ago, so don't be confused if his English isn't too good" Kazuha could utter, before the school bell rang.

Then Mr. Zhongli began to talk "Good Morning everyone, for those of you who don't already know my name is Mr. Zhongli and I'm teaching History and English. Since it's the first lesson of this school year, we're gonna do some organizing." While he was handing everyone a schedule he told us the names of our other teachers, Ms. Signora, Ms. Ninguang, Ms. Lisa and Mr. Thoma. After that he told us about some activities you can do, for sports there's basketball and tennis, then there is a choir and some bands. Mr. Zhongli was looking for something in his bag, so students started to talk, Lumine turned around to me and asked "What activity do you wanna do? I think I'll do tennis" "Yeah, me too". Seemed like that's all she wanted to know from me, since she already turned back and started talking to Amber. "What are you doing?" I asked Kazuha, "I'm playing in a band, but our lead singer and two other members quit, so now we need to find someone new. Say, can you play an instrument?", "I don't play any instruments" I said. "And how about singing?" I really like to sing, but I don't know if I could sing in front of an audience, so I quickly said "Not really either". "Oh, ok" he said kinda disappointed. Suddenly Mr. Zhongli started talking again, so I didn't get to ask, what kind of instrument he plays. Our teacher had found what he was looking for and now told us about what we're gonna do in his lessons. Then quickly the lesson was already over, now we have a 20min break.

I wanted to follow my sister outside, but she I already was talking to some girls and I didn't want to interrupt them. So I didn't know where else to go I followed Kazuha, who didn't seem like he had anything against it, he was meeting up with that one guy out of our class, who had greenish braided hair. "Hi, you must be new. I'm Venti, what's your name" he started talking in a nice tone. "I'm Aether" I uttered. Then he turned himself more to Kazuha and was talking about some things, I just stayed quiet and listened. "Have you asked him about our band already" he then asked. "Yeah, he said he doesn't play any instruments and can't sing either" Kazuha told him. "Oh, that's too bad. We really could need some new members, you have to be at least three people for a band. You really can't play an instrument?" Venti started babbling. "Come on Venti, there are many other people here too. You don't necessarily have to convince Aether" "Yeah, but you know he would fit in our band perfectly" Venti argued. To participate in the conversation I asked "So 'till now it's only you two in the band, what instruments do you play?" before Kazuha could even open his mouth, Venti already began to talk "I play the guitar and sing, and my friend here is playing the flute. You know it sounds really nice, but some more instruments still would be nice. And also I can't really focus on singing while I'm playing the guitar. So we really need a lead singer, and maybe a drummer. Drummers are always needed, but I don't know anybody who can play the drums." "Well we could ask the people out of our class, if any of them play an instrument. Of course only those who aren't already playing in a band" Kazuha suggested. I was very curious about the other bands, so I asked "Who out of our class plays in a band?" Of course Venti was the one answering "There are two people out of our class who play in a band, Xinyan plays the guitar and Ayaka is singing, so we really can't ask them to join our band. And I doubt, that anyone out of our class is interested. Since you can't play any instruments, we'll probably have to ask around in other classes" I was thinking about telling them, that I can sing, since I really could use some new friends. And it's just a school band, so there isn't gonna be a big audience. "I can sing a little, you know" I uttered after thinking it through. "Really, that's great" Venti was litteraly beaming. "I'll meet you today at 4pm in the music room. That's when we normally practice. I'll bring my guitar, Kazuha you're coming too right" Kazuha was just nodding, cause he didn't even have the chance to say anything with Venti chattering. Then the break was already over and we returned to our classroom.