11-Training

[Aether POV]

We went over to the others, who seemed to be waiting for Eula also. I dragged Venti a step away from the rest "Say, do you perhaps have something to do with me now having to dance with Xiao?" he was trying to keep a neutral face but couldn't hide his smirk well "What? Here I was thinking you'd be happy about it" he shook his head in disapproval. I stayed silent not knowing how to answer to that. Yes, I wanted to dance with him, but also I'll probably stare at him or blush. Then he'll surely think I'm weird or something like that and not talk to me for sure.

I was pulled out of my trance by somebody slapping my forehead "Ey, what was that for?" I asked furiously "You haven't answered my question" "Eh...what was the question again?" "You really can't listen, huh. I asked why you were so angry about having to dance with Xiao" "Well...eh" I wasn't ready for this question. Venti started giggling as I began to blush, he still managed to utter "So I wasn't wrong" I just let it wash over me trying to cool my face down.

[Xiao POV]

I kept observing the conversation between Aether and Venti. Aether looked really furious at first, but somehow Venti managed to get him blushing, Venti was just giggling over it. Now I really wish I knew what they were talking about. They came back to us, Venti now even happier and Aether still looking flustered.

At that moment Eula came to us "Ok, now to you guys. You're going to learn simple steps, how to keep your posture and how you do that together" she turned to Aether and me "So who is learning with steps?" "I'm doing the woman ones" Aether answered her. She nodded and told us to step away from the others. Next she showed the female posture which the girls and Aether copied. Afterwards she showed the male posture which I already knew, so I had no problems with that. Then she told us to now go to our partner. Hesitantly Aether walked towards me stopping only a few inches in front of me. We both went to the posture, I took a step towards him so we could hold each other. My heart skipped a beat after I took his hand and placed the other below his arm. I tried not to look at him if I did I would surely lose myself in his eyes. So I simply won't.

Eula came over to us, trying not to grin to much as she saw us. We both bowed back as much as possible, so we would not touch each other more that nessesary "Ok, so you need to move a bit closer and relax your shoulders a bit more" I tried hard to keep my outer coolness, but it was already crumbling. Sitll I managed to relax my shoulders a bit and we moved a bit closer to each other "Looks much better, now try to do the steps I taught you earlier" We both started at the same time, nevertheless we still tripped over each others feet. At the end we landed on each other. Eula brought out a short laugh and then went away saying "You just need to practice a bit. I'm sure you'll get it then" we unraveled us and stood in posture again, this time we did it slower and actually managed to do some steps before we got all tangled.

The other guys have been watching us and were laughing themselves silly. I decided to ignore them since there's nothing I can do anyways. Aether seemed to have heard them too, he turned a bit red, probably of embarrassment. I ignored that as well and just asked him if he wanted to try again. He just nodded in response still red of embarrassment. We were lucky Eula just came to check up on them, so they won't laugh at us at least. We tried some more times, in the end we managed to find a rhythm. In Eulas opinion it looked good, so I was quite happy with how the day turned out.

[Aether POV]

At the end of the dance class I was happy with what I achieved. When I had to dance with Xiao I managed to not blush at all. Though I had to focus much on it, we still managed to get better. In conclusion this was an amazing day, well except for the talk with Venti. Looks like it's rather obvious that I like Xiao. I wonder if Kazuha has noticed too, surely he did. Let's just hope they keep it to themselves.