2-The audition

[Aether POV]

I was happy about how nice everyone was to me, at my old school everyone ignored me. But I was also really nervous about this band thing. I mean Lumine always says I'm a wonderful singer, but still I'm afraid that I will ruin it. But Venti and Kazuha are really nice, I don't think that they'll throw me out if I don't sing perfectly. The thing I'm most worried about is performing. I performed once in primary school, and I was so nervous I almost ruined it.

I was so caught in thoughts, I almost ran into a wall. Hopefully nobody saw that, it was really embarrassing! My face was heating up a bit, while I was sitting down as fast as I could. A teacher who introduced herself as Ms. Lisa, entered the room. She started talking, so I tried to focus on class, which didn't really work.

[Xiao POV]

When I woke up this morning I was really tired. I didn't sleep well, cause my parents were arguing 'till late at night. And they were so loud, that I really couldn't sleep. I pulled myself out of bed, and then I wanted to go to the kitchen to eat something, but I already heard my parents arguing again. So I decided that I will just get something from the shop around the corner. I grabbed my bag and some money, and went out. I'm lucky that I'm staying at a dorm for the rest of the year, there I won't have parents who argue all the time. I got some coffee and pastry, which I was eating while I was waiting for the bus to come.

Because I didn't sleep well, I kinda dozed of the first two lessons and the break. But I didn't really miss anything interesting as far as I'm concerned. Now I was awake enough to take a look at my class. There only two new students, they looked like siblings. The girl didn't look really interesting, she was chatting with Amber. But the boy caught my attention, he had long blonde hair, which was braided nicely. Also he was wearing a crop top, I never thought boys could look good in crop tops, but he was rocking it. The boy was chatting with Kazuha, from time to time he smiled. He had a cute smile. No! Wait! A nice smile! Not cute, what was I thinking?

I looked at the boy for a while longer, he didn't seem to notice it. I looked away when our teacher came in, I was trying to focus on her class. But I still got lost in thoughts. Since it was the first day of school, we didn't have afternoon lessons. So this was the last lesson of the day.

While I was on my way to my dorm, suddenly somebody fell onto me. He was heavy enough to knock me down. While I was trying to get up, I heard someone stutter behind me "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall on you. Are you alright?" I just said "I'm fine" The guy who tripped on me, was that one guy out of our class. He was bright red, seems like he was really embarrassed. "By the way I'm Aether" he said, trying to put on a nice smile. "Xiao" I uttered. "Nice to meet you" he said, I just nodded in response. "I must go now" he said, then quickly walking off. I was shaking my head, while I was going to my dorm. Such a coincidence that I ran into him. He was walking in the same direction as me. He probably has a dorm too.

When I arrived at mine I saw him talking to that other new girl, who's probably his sister. I wanted to enter my dorm, but she asked "Hey, aren't you in our class as well? What's your name? I'm Lumine" I turned to her and simply said "I'm Xiao" "Nice to meet you Xiao! This is my brother Aether" "I know, he just bumped into me" I said while going into my room, I really wasn't in the mood for a conversation. "See you around" was the last thing I heard from her. Inside I just threw my stuff in a corner, jumped onto a bed and took out my phone. After checking some stuff on my phone, I decided, that I would sleep for some time. I set an alarm, so that I wouldn't sleep through my shift at the restaurant.

--3:40pm--

[Aether POV]

I was talking to my sister in my dorm, when I remembered that I wanted to meet Venti and Kazuha in the music room. So I asked Lumine "Do you know where the music room is?" "No I don't, why you wanna go there?"She looked at me confused. "Well, I wanted to audition for a band" "Really, for which band?" "Venti invited me" "Isn't Venti that one guy with the braided hair?" "Yeah, he and Kazuha are playing in a band, and they really need new people" "So you volunteered for joining them, let me guess, you're singing" "Yeah, I hope I don't ruin it" "You're gonna rock it!"she said cheering me up and giving me a hug. "Thanks" I said. She pulled me outside and said "Let's find out where the music room is" We we're walking through the corridor looking for some kinda map, when we bumped into Amber. "Hey, do you know where the music room is?" Lumine quickly asked her. "Yeah, follow me" she said with a big smile.

We went around some corners, then Amber stopped in front of a room "Here, that's the room" "Thanks" I said. "I'm gonna go back" Lumine said walking away with Amber. I got really nervous when I opened the door. Inside I saw Venti sitting there with a guitar on his lap. He silently struck some notes. "Oh, Hi we just need to wait for Kazuha" he said as soon as he noticed me. I was standing around some minutes, hoping my nervousness would get less, but it didn't. About ten minutes later Kazuha entered the room. "Ah, finally" Venti said, putting his guitar down. Then he turned to me saying "So, now to you, I'll give you some lyrics and a song. Just wait a second!" He dug out a piece of paper and gave it to me. "Whenever you're ready" I was still very nervous, but I wanted to get through with it. So I just took one deep breath and started to sing. At first my voice sounded really dry and trembling. But after I sang some time, I managed to sing just fine. I was concentrating on the paper and didn't look at the two guys. But I had to now, cause I sang the whole song. Kazuha was just silently smiling, while Venti already started talking "YOU HAVE TO BECOME OUR LEAD SINGER! You've got a really great voice! Without that trembling at the beginning, it would have been perfect!" I was just happy, I didn't completely mess up. "I agree with Venti, you should become our lead singer" Kazuha said with a warm smile. "I would love to" I said happily smiling. "So since, that with Aether is decided. I asked around and found out that Xiao can play the drums, let's look for him" Venti suggested. "Sure" Kazuha responded.