7-At the restaurant

[Aether POV]

As I walked into our dorm, I saw Lumine sitting on the bed and waiting for me. Xiao was standing in the doorframe behind me. "Oh hey, there you are! I wanted to ask you if you want to go out for dinner with me and my friends" then she seemed to have noticed Xiao in the doorframe "Of course, you can bring your friends as well!" she gave him a warm smile, to which he responded with his usual cold expression. For that she gave him a strange look, as if she was trying to see if he was good company for me. To break the tension between these two, I answered her "I'd love to come along, how 'but you Xiao?" he shrugged and said "Sure" "Ok, so then we're five people. I'm reserving a table" she said while taking out her phone to call the restaurant. After she was done, I asked her who the other two are "Oh, Amber and Ayaka. Anyways I'm getting ready now, you should do the same"

We three met up at the school gate "The other two are already in town, we'll meet them there" Lumine said while we were already walking to the bus stop. As we were waiting Lumine tried to start a conversation with Xiao, but she gave up rather fast as he plainly ignored her. So instead she started talking to me. "So, he's the friend you've hung out with, right?" "Yeah, anything against it?" she had look on her face I couldn't interpret "No, just curious. What exactly have you done with him?" "We talked" "Really, to me he doesn't seem like the guy who would talk to anybody" she looked at Xiao with a small smirk. She was plotting something, I was sure about that. The bus came we all went in and were silent for the short ride. On the way to the restaurant it was also just me and Lumine talking.

"Oh hey, you're finally here!" that was Amber cheerfully greeting us "Good evening" said Ayaka who I spotted behind Amber. They and Lumine began to talk for a while before they went in, Xiao and I followed them silently. Lumine settled everything at the reception and then we got led to a table. I said next to Xiao, the three girls were sitting on the opposite side. They were chatting and laughing, as for Xiao and I we just sat there starring on the table. I wanted to talk to him but really didn't know how to start the conversation. The silence began to get awkward, when a waiter came to take our orders for drinks and gave everyone a menu. At least I could focus on something else, than thinking about how to start a conversation with Xiao. I had decided what I would eat fast and so I came back to the thought of how to talk to Xiao. All of the sudden Lumine asked us something "Hey you two, we wanted to hang out afterwards and play some games at our dorm. Wanna join us?" the way she smirked, said to me that she didn't do this without ulterior motives but I was curious what kind of games she wanted to play, so I answered "I'm in" Xiao seemed like he didn't even listen to her question so I nudged him with my shoulder. "Hey, you listening?" "Oh eh no, what did I miss" he said looking really confused. I gave him a worried face "I asked if you want to come hang out with us afterward at our dorm" Lumine spoke to him again. "Uhm...Ok, I'll come"

[Xiao POV]

Seems like I had my head in the clouds again, but I was just too busy wondering if this was a good idea. Actually the only reason I was here was Aether so I didn't see why I should join their conversation. I was just going to eat something here and then go. Oh wait...I just said I was gonna hang out with them afterwards. Well, I was just too flustered by Aether looking at me so worried and nudging my shoulder. It's been a long time since I've ever felt about someone in this way. Last time it didn't end well, so this time I'll give it my best! I'm just gonna go there and try to have fun with Aether. I could also try to have a conversation with him. But how do I start? Why does communicating have to be so complicated?

A waiter came to our table and took our orders. This would be perfect to start a conversation. But what should I say? And the moment was already over. Hence I tried to focus on what the others were talking about and maybe join their conversation. Yet I still couldn't figure out what exactly they were talking about, it seemed to have to do something with school but I don't know further.

I began to lose myself in thoughts again as the waiter brought our food. It has gotten silent as everyone was eating at least the silence wasn't as awkward as before. We decided that everyone would pay their fair share of the bill, Lumine left a tip on the table. Afterwards we left and waited for the bus "Hey, how about we play spin the bottle later?" Lumine looked truly proud of her idea. "Nice idea, sis" ok, I guess were playing it then. Hopefully the dares aren't too embarrassing.