Chapter 6

(Y/N)'s POV

A bird which is an adorable brown sparrow was chirping while it came flying at Tanjiro. Tanjiro put his hand out for the sparrow to land on. I didn't know what it was saying but it was telling Tanjiro something about the boy because the bird was pointing its wing at the boy while it was chirping. Tanjiro nodded his head, meaning he understands what the bird is saying.

"I see! I'll do something about it," Tanjiro said. The sparrow's eyes glowed in delight and it chirped happily when Tanjiro was willing to help, making my heart melt. I looked at the boy who was still crying while hugging the girl. Then, I looked at the sparrow who was looking at me so I put my hand out and it landed on it. I started stroking its chest and it kept chirping which made me smile under my mask. I lost interest in the encounter but I only listened to the conversation.

3rd POV

"PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE MARRY ME! I'M BEGGING-," the boy shouted while crying but was interrupted when Tanjiro grabbed the back of the boy's haori.

"What do you think you're doing right in the middle of the road? Can't you see she wants no part of you? And don't go making trouble for your sparrow, either!" Tanjiro said in a scolding voice.

"Wait, that uniform! You're that guy from Final Selection!" The boy said.

"There's no way I'd know anyone like you! I don't know you!" Tanjiro yelled at the boy.

"EH! BUT WE MET, REMEMBER? WE'VE MET BEFORE! YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM! LIKE YOUR MEMORY!" the boy yelled. Tanjiro just stared at the boy for a few seconds, then let go of the back of his haori.

"All right, it's been taken care of. You can head home now without any worries," Tanjiro said.

"I will. Thank you very much!" the girl said while she bowed.

"HEY! STAY OUT OF MY WAY! THAT GIRL IS GOING TO MARRY ME! SHE LIKES ME-GACK" the boy yelled but was interrupted when the girl smacked the boy across the face and slapped him multiple times on the head.

"HEY! OUCH THAT HURTS! STOP IT! STOP IT!" the boy yelled. Tanjiro gasped and he held the girl back to prevent her from slapping the boy more.

"WHEN DID I EVER TELL YOU THAT I LOVED YOU? YOU WERE CRUMPLED UP ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD LOOKING ILL, AND ALL I DID WAS SPEAK TO YOU!" the girl said.

"YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T REACH OUT TO ME OUT OF LOVE BECAUSE YOU WERE WORRIED?" the boy yelled.

"I ALREADY HAVE A FIANCÈ, SO NOT IN YOUR LIFE! WITH ALL THAT ENERGY, YOU MUST BE FINE NOW, RIGHT? GOODBYE!" the girl yelled and stormed away.

"W-Wait c-come back!" the boy said.

"Look, cut it out already," Tanjiro said.

"Wh-Why'd you get in my way? This has nothing to do with you! WHAT'S WITH THAT LOOK ON YOUR FACE?" the blond screamed once he saw Tanjiro's disgusted face.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT WITH THOSE EYES LIKE WOULD YOU FOR SOME CREATURE! IT'S YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT I DIDN'T GET MARRIED," the boy yelled. But, he saw someone behind Tanjiro. The boy looked to see who it was and it was (Y/N). The boy observed her looks. (Y/N) had (h/c) hair but partially wrapped in a bun, wore a long (k/c) kimono with long sleeves, and a white mask. The boy thinks that the (Y/N) wears a white mask to hide her beauty.

"YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN I HAVE EVER SEEN. PLEASE MARRY ME," the boy yelled while he hugged (Y/N)'s waist.

(Y/N)'s POV

I was just stroking the sparrow's chest since I lost interest in what was going on, but someone interrupted me by hugging my waist which caused the sparrow to fly out of my hand. I looked to see it was the same boy who was asking the girl to marry him.