Chapter 18

Two months earlier

Nakime sitting on the platform started playing her biwa.

Twang

Kamanue who is Lower Moon six appeared in the Infinity Fortress platform.

"Where the hell is this place?" Lower six thought while looking around with a shocked look on his face.

Lower Moon One named Enmu and Lower Moon Two named Rokuro appeared.

"Was it that woman's blood demon art? Seems like this whole space warps with her at the center."

Twang

Wakuraba known as Lower Moon Three and Mukago known as Lower Moon Four have appeared in the Fortress.

Only the lower ranks of the twelve Izumi have been summoned. That's never happened before. Lower Moon Five isn't here yet.

Kamanue looked around nervously and confused.

Twang

All of them are now on the same platform. All the lower moons gasped, looking around.

"We've moved! A blood demon art again?" He thought but as he looked in front of him he saw a woman who has black hair that is tied into a bun, red eyes, and wears a black kimono.

"What's the deal with this woman? Who is she?"

"Lower your heads and kneel down," Muzan said.

Kamanue gasped as he recognized his voice.

"Prostrate yourselves," he said. All of them were scared and immediately kneeled down and lowered their heads.

"It's Master Muzan's voice. I didn't recognize him at all. He changed his appearance and aura. His disguise is incredible."

"P-Please forgive us master! Since you've assumed a different form and aura—" Mukago wasn't able to finish her sentence by Muzan interrupting her.

"Who said you could speak?" He asked. She looked down, scared. "Don't presume to voice your worthless thoughts. Answer my questions and nothing else."

"Rui was killed. I'm talking about Lower Moon Five. I have but one question to ask of you. Why are you members of the Lower Ranks so weak? You shouldn't be satisfied merely being among the Twelve Kizuki. That is only the beginning. To devour more humans, to become stronger...Your starting point for becoming useful to me...For over a century, the members of the Upper Ranks of the Twelve Kizuki remain unchanged. It's always been the demons of the Upper Ranks who've disposed of those Demon Slayer Hashira. But what about you demons of the Lower Ranks? How many times have the members changed?" Muzan asked.

"That's easy for you to say, but we—" Kamanue got scared when Muzan spoke.

"That's easy for you to say, but we...What? Go ahead and say it," he said.

"He can read my mind? This is bad," Kamanue said.

"What is bad? Go ahead and say it," Muzan said angrily as he expanded and extended his arm into a tentacle and grabbed Kamanue by his body and lift him in the air.

"PLEASE FORGIVE ME, MASTER KIBUTSUJI! PLEASE SHOW ME MERCY! I'M TRULY SORRY! I'M TRULY SORRY! I'M TRULY—" he didn't finish his sentence as he was devoured by Muzan.

The rest of the Lower Moons kept their heads lowered in shocked silence.

"Why is this happening? Am I going to be killed? After all I went through to become a Twelve Kizuki...Why? Why? I thought I was going to do more and more!" Wakuraba thought.