12 - You, Dear

The next morning

- Sunni PoV -

"Dream, like a sweet dream that you can't dream again... I think that's what you are to me," I sing Suzy's lyrics to "Dream."

I'm awaiting on his majesty to come join me to practice for our MC stage in one of the dance practice rooms.

The room is set up as if it was like the actual stage. Two stools next to each other, with two mics with their stands.

It's a different stage than most MC stages.

We're going to have a live band perform with us just like how Suzy and Baekhyun sunbae did. It's going surround around our voices and the jazzy instruments.

Jungwon is never late to anything though...

He didn't call me last night.. I at least expected a good night text. Plus, he didn't send his everyday "good morning" messages with a selca.

Maybe he also felt like our argument didn't subside. Even if he did feel that way, he could've at least talked to me about.

I sigh as I pull out my phone to text Jungwon.

At that moment, the doors open to the dance practice room.

Lord behold, Yang Jungwon.

He walks in working a comfy fit as per usual, but unlike his usual self, his face reads annoyance...

I stand up from the stool.

"Ya... you're late," I put my hands on my hips.

He scoffs, "Funny coming from you."

I get closer to him as he sits down on his stool and gets situated.

"I was here on time because I didn't want to waste anytime with you," I say trying to make eye contact but he's avoiding it.

"Yang Jungwon," I call out to him. "Do you not want to be here?"

He sighs, "I'm surprised you do."

I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you even mean? I've been dying to spend alone time with you like this."

He shakes his head and looks down at his hands, "Okay Kim Sunni... lets just get this over with."

I feel a sharp pain in my heart.

Why is he being like this towards me?

I glare at him, "Is it because I'm not Cha Areum?"

He then shoots up and looks at me.

"Eh?!"

"Don't 'Eh' me," I mimic him. "You just wanted to be with her the whole time at the retreat playboy!"

"Gosh Kim Sunni. One thing that would never change is how slow you are," he roasts me.

I cross my arms, "Funny, because I'm sure if anyone else saw what I saw, they would be thinking the same thing!"

"Another thing, your loudness," he continues. "She's onto us."

I uncross my arms, "What do you mean?"

"I mean she probably knows about our relationship... either she knows or she's not too sure," he explains.

"Pft," I let out. "Areum won't crack the case. Trust me."

This still doesn't explain his attitude towards me though.

I suddenly feel my phone buzz in my pocket.