16 - Soulmates

- 3rd Person PoV -

"Ms. Kim!" Jungwon's halmeoni, Ms. Jeong, exclaims when she opens the door to her house to see halmeoni there smiling with a bowl of oranges.

"Hi unnie!" Halmeoni greets with an elderly laugh.

Ms. Jeong is shocked to see her old friend right before her eyes. She hasn't seen her in what seemed like ages!

"Come in come in!" Ms. Jeong opens the door wider for halmeoni.

Halmeoni walks in all jittery not even having the slightest worry that Ms. Kim is freaking out. Not only that, halmeoni didn't even take her heart medication.

They both sit down hands across another...

"I haven't seen you in so long! Where have you been?" Ms. Jeong questions.

Halmeoni scoffs, "What are you even talking about? I came by so we can go to the community exercise together!"

Ms. Jeong tilts her head. "Y-Yeah! Of course my love, but... after all these months of not seeing you... what happened?"

"Unnie! You're being weird! I just saw you yesterday when we exercised together!" Halmeoni says making Ms. Jeong's heart race in worry.

Ms. Jeong slowly shakes her head, "N-No.. we didn't."

"Pft!" Halmeoni lets out and reaches to grab an orange. "Want one?"

Halmeoni starts to peel the orange as Ms. Jeong stares at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"My family when I was younger used to farm oranges, and I have yet to find the same taste of ours," Halmeoni explains as she eats the orange.

"Why don't I call Daeun to come pick you up," Ms. Jeong says as she's about to get up.

"Ah no!" Halmeoni pulls her down. "She's in the hospital, remember?"

Ms. Jeong definitely realizes that something is wrong.

"Let me get some water," Ms. Jeong quickly gets up and hurries to the phone and dials Ms. Kim.

Ms. Kim reaches for the handle for the exit at Ms. Go's café when she receives the call.

She looks at Jiyoung in a panic.

"Hello Ms. Jeong, I'm sorry but I'm in such a rush-"

"Come quick!" Ms. Jeong says in a whisper.

She looks back at halmeoni as she's happily enjoying her oranges.

"Ms. Kim is here but something truly doesn't seem right," Ms. Jeong says.

Ms. Kim heart drops.

"I'm on my way!!"

*******

- Sunni PoV -

"I have to practice," Jungwon grunts out as we both get up from the gym floor.

His face reads "defeat" and it's making me feel extremely guilty.

I never thought he would ask me out to the party.

The timing was just not right...

"Good luck, I can't wait to see your chicken dance," he teases with a forced smile.

I pout. I hate for him to feel this way...

He starts walking away but he stops.

Oh?

He turns around and does a little jog up to me.

"Forgot something," he says as he cups my face.