Chapter 2

"All elites are invited to the palace for a Christmas ball reunion. We can't wait to see you all again!" Gavriel announced before the TV switched back to PJ masks.

My head shot up at that and rushed to the TV. "Ahren, sweetie, can I see the remote for a second?" I ask, looking at my youngest child.

I had given birth to the most beautiful twins in the world. Eadlyn was my eldest and looked exactly like Maxons mother. Ahren, looked painfully like Maxon, except his eyes were mine. They were now three years old.

"Okay, mommy," Ahren murmured, clumsily throwing the remote at me. It made it barely a feet and flopped down on front of him. He giggled. "Silly me."

"Its alright, sweetie,"  I smile, cradling him and turning the TV back. There it was, an invitation for me. And the elites. But a chance to go back to the palace....not see Maxon. But reunite with my maids, Aspen, and my fellow elites.

"Mommy! Kyle is teasing me!" Eadlyn yelled, stomping towards ME with a red face.

"Marlee control your child!" I called jokingly to where Marlee and Carter layed in the couch. The two couples had decided to stay with me and my family for the week. Marlee was pregnant again with a little girl this time.

"She has your temper, America. Feisty, stubborn, and demanding," Marlee chuckled, walking to them.

"She is my child after all," I laugh.

"She is his as well, America," Marlee says quietly this time, her face serious. "What are you going to do?"

"He can never know, Marlee. They can never know. Maybe when their older. But...not now. Plus it's been years. He'll think it's mine with someone else. Plus I want the kids to experience the palace and the fun it holds without rebels," I say, looking out the window. The house was only a few miles away from the palace. From the window, you could see the palace.

"Yeah...Ahren is a mirror of him and Eadlyn looks like his mother. Good luck," Marlee sighs.

"We'll be fine. Come on kids, we're going to a party," America smiled picking up the two.

"Yayy! Party!" Ahren grinned getting his pretend camera and clicking away.

"Alright kiddo," America chuckled, bathing them and dressing them in fancy clothes. Eadlyn wore a baby blue dress while Ahren wore a baby blue tux.

After dressing my kids, I dressed myself. I chose a dress that I liked the most. It was dress I wore when I first got to the palace, the first time I saw Maxon. My pin was still pinned to it, glimmering in the light.

"Oh America. You look beautiful," Marlee smiles, combing my hair and just letting it down freely. I didn't bother to apply makeup, hating it.

"Thanks Marlee and so do you," I smile at my best friend in her pink dress.

"Thanks! You ready? The limo is here," she says.

I nod, swallowing my nervousness. I held my two kids hands and walked out the door. Sure there was, the limo that brought me home was waiting for me to bring me back.

I strapped the two in carefully and kept a hand around them. "You two ready?" I smile. "You'll get to see Josh and Lizzy."

Aspen and Lucy had also been gifted children after they married and lived at the palace.

"Yeah!" Ahren grinned, snapping away at the view during the drive. I look away for a second, the pain boring into me at his similarity with his father. They both loved cameras and pictures.

"Hmhmm," Eadlyn murmured, falling asleep in  my arms. I wrapped my arms around her, cradling her, and kissing her forehead.

It didn't take long to arrive at the palace. The guards took care of the luggage towards my old room. I cradle Eadlyn in my arms, staring at the palace.

Memories begin to bombard my mind but I pushed it back and walked to my room.

"Ahren, sweetie, stay with aunt Marlee okay? I'm going to put your sister in bed," I say, ruffling Ahrens blonde hair.

"Okay, mommy," Ahren says, running around the halls.

I enter my room. It was exactly a I left it. Nothing had changed at all. Except Lucy and Aspen sat on my bed, grinning.

"Mer!" Aspen grinned, hugging me. Then Lucy.

"Shhh," I whispered, placing Eadlyn to the bed. "Hi," I whispered excitedly. We walk out the room, closing the door quietly.

"Hi, guys!" I grinned, throwing my arms around both of them.

"Oh America, we've missed you!" Lucy smiled, hugging me.

"So have I! Come on, Marlee is this way with Ahren," I say walking to where I left the two.

Except there was only one of them there.

"Marlee, where is Ahren?" I ask, looking around.

"Um...he ran off...and I couldn't chase him," Marlee says, her hands to her outgrown stomach.

"Its okay. Ahren!" I yelled, fast walking around. Looking for my son.

(Maxon's POV)

I nervously walk to the foyer where I would meet with the girls again. Where I would see my dear America again.

The past three years had been a pain. After divorcing Kriss, I was forced to take on the job alone. I just couldn't marry her. She wasn't America. I wanted America.

But my father wouldn't let me visit her. Even if she was only 2 miles away. My heart was lonely during the three years. Longing for the return of my America.

I was so lost in thought that I ran into...or well someone ran into my thigh. A small someone.

I look down at a toddler who started crying on the ground. I quickly pick them up.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry sweetie. Are you alright?" I gasp, rocking them to quietness.

"I want mommy!" The kid cried out.

"Okay okay. Where's mommy?" I ask, stroking his hair. Strange. It looked exactly like mine. Nobody I've ever met had the strange blonde color of my hair.

"Ahren!" A voice yelled from the corner.

"Mommy!" The kid in my arms yelled back.

I recognized that voice anywhere. "America?" I gasp.

America turned the corner and gasped loudly as well, staring at me. Then at her child in my arms.