Interview #9 | Davrielle

For the latest interview, we have the wildly popular Wattpad writer @Davrielle! She was so kind to do this interview for me and I am very happy to have gotten the opportunity. Before we continue, I'll share a few facts about her if you didn't know them already.

        She is mainly a historical fiction writer but also has a few romance books as well. One book that you may have heard of is "Ravensdale" which can always be found near the top of the list under historical fiction.She has too many stories for me to list off right now but I can assure you that there is plenty to read from both those genres and also a bit under paranormal and general fiction.

        If you are an active member of the clubs, you may have seen her around there. I learned through the interview that she is a very social user of Wattpad through her willingness to help me with this project and also by the many books she has dedicated to her followers getting to know her.

        I hope you'll enjoy this next incredible interview.

How did you find Wattpad?

It's a funny story. I found Wattpad through a good friend of mine who texted me one day asking me about a story idea and she mentioned “wattpaders.” Naturally I was curious and asked her what she meant. She told me I had to join and a day later, I posted the first chapter of an old story of mine.

What are your general thoughts on the site?

Overall, I love Wattpad. It's changed a lot since I first joined, but I've actually made a lot of friends that think like me. I like how Wattpad is geared towards the technology of today with the mobile app. It makes people finding your stories easily a possibility.

What do you think of the community/people on Wattpad?

For the most part, I love the community and people on Wattpad. It's a great community. I've made so many friends and writing buddies. Before Wattpad, I only had two people I shared my stories with and they were not writers, so just being able to share my work with a community of people is amazing.

Do you think that ambassadors communicate with users well enough?

Yes I do. I see that they are always doing what they need to do to keep the site in working order. Two good Wattpad  friends of mine are ambassadors and I've known them since before they were mods. So I have a huge appreciation for what they do and know how hard they work. They're the heart of Wattpad!

Do you ever plan on becoming an ambassador?

I wish I could but with me going back to school after having a baby, it is very difficult. I think once school is out and if I'm not working outside of the home, I will consider becoming an ambassador

Have you ever used the suggestion/support section on Wattpad and, if so, did you get good support there?

Yes I have. Quite a few times, actually. I've always gotten the best support from Wattpad. They usually respond within a few hours, or if it's on a weekend, they usually respond the first day of the week.

What is your opinion of fanfiction?

Honestly, fanfiction is what started me into writing to begin with. So I have a special place in my heart for it. However, most of the fanfiction on here is not the kind of fanfiction I prefer reading. I like fandom fics, like Sherlock. I also like fics based on classic books such as Jane Eyre or Les Miserables.

Do you find that you prefer classics, or the modern books that we have today?

I prefer classics because they either talk about the society of then, which is pretty much a lot like it is today when you analyze a classic novel to its core. However, most mainstream fictions of today are not meant to engage the reader in critical thinking. There are a few authors like Pynchon who are considered “modern” even though the stories were written in 1960-1970. However, modern literary fiction is an obsession of mine. I love reading works that make me think. Literary fiction does that for me. Mainstream commercial fiction, not so much.