Beni And The Dream

Art credit to cosmos_elena on Twitter, if ya want the link I'll put it in the comments

Wanna know what I've been thinking about alot?

How in episode 5 of Beni series, siren really gave us the most wholesome nightmare moment and didn't elaborate

Like Sir, thank you, but rude

So I took it into my own hands

I present wholesome Beni Y/N nightmare thing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"As the peasant watched the ogre, they could almost see the person inside and-"
Beni stopped reading when he felt lucky shift next to him, resting their head on him.

"Are you feeling well, lucky?"

He glanced down and watched as they breathed softly, eyes closed and unresponsive

"Ahh you're already asleep"

He brushed a piece of hair out of their face and smiled at how cute they looked while asleep, but looked away quickly.

"Lucky, what are you doing to me? I've never felt this way before and its... strange. it's almost... warm"

He quietly grabbed the bookmark and marked the page they were on, but kept reading, enjoying the warmth of the fire crackling, and how close they were to him.

After a while the fire started dying down, and beni felt himself growing tired. He closed the book and sighed. He felt lucky shiver and he looked down at them with concern. They looked afraid, and felt like they were shaking, but their eyes were still closed tightly.

"Uh... lucky? Have I woken you up?"

He whispered but got no response from them. He shifted and they slumped farther down as Beni caught them. He was now holding them in his arms and he blushed unsure what to do.

"ᴺᵒ, ᴵ ᵈᶦᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵈᵒ ᶦᵗ..." lucky muttered quietly and Beni turned them so he was cradling them upright.

They were definitely still asleep, and he sighed in relief. Readjusting his grip, he picked them up and carried them to his bed.
Setting them down as softly as he could, he covered them in a blanket and turned to leave.

"Please no"

He turned back surprised they were still asleep.

"I'm innocent, she's lying to you.."

Beni quietly sat on the edge of the bed watching them shiver while still asleep.

"I never..."

He gently put his hand on their arm and patted it awkwardly, wanting to help but unsure how. Their hand flinched closed like they wanted to grab something, as they muttered something quietly. Slowly Beni moved his hand down and laced his fingers through theirs. They shifted and whimpered, but Beni felt their grip tighten on his.
He flushed, realization hitting that he was now holding their hand while they were in his bed, and how he suddenly never wanted to let them go. He absent-mindedly rubbed their hand with his thumb and squeezed gently.

"Don't worry lucky, I'm here for you now. And I'm not letting you go." Beni whispered and they muttered something quietly.

*timeskip because thumbs asked me to*

Beni wiped the sweat from luckys forehead and sighed. They had stopped shivering and muttering but they had continued to hold on to his hand the entire time and it seemed to be helping. They were now twitching less frequently, and breathing normally. Beni slowly loosened his grip on their hand, and slipped it out of their grip. He stood and fixed the blanket quietly.

"ᴮᵉⁿᶦ"

He froze and glanced up at lucky, surprised at how he had been caught. But lucky kept their eyes closed and remained unresponsive. Had they called him, in their sleep? Beni stayed frozen and watch them for another few minutes but they said nothing else. He silently finished and started to leave, but hesitated at the door. Looking back, lucky slept peacefully.

"Goodnight lucky, may you get some rest now, and forget about your dreams in the morning"

He closed the door softly and headed toward the hayloft, lost in thoughts. Maybe if he left early enough in the morning during his rounds, he could find a good book or something nice for them when the woke

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this is good, my thumbs still don't like me cause how long the last story, but I tried to fight through it

Like always, comment if ya see something wrong, weird, or just have ideas or questions to help or ask.

Up next is Cal and it a (insert word that means story before main story, I think that's how it's described)

Have good day!

-Author

(Also does anyone know how to write all the noises siren makes in his videos? Like the "ugh"s "huh"s "gah"s "guh"s all like little gasp thingys? Does that make sense? Cause I want to, but then I write them it looks strange and I don't know so if you can help I'd appreciate it lol)

.