WISSV #2

⚠️severe angst and sensitive topics⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mason pushed his way through the crowd, muttering under his breath. He cluched the parchment invitation in his hand tightly, trying to read the fancy golden calligraphy

How could this many people pay to come to the arena?

The ticket was telling him to go to a special area where Lady Circie and the other important people of the kindoms would sit, and Mason tugged the collar of shirt, hoping it was nice enough to help him blend in with the nobles.

He climbed up a flight of stairs and found himself in a pavilion over the rest of the seats, and positioned so he could see the entire arena. The crowd was already filling into their seats and the workers were prepping the dirt in the fighting pit.
Mason heard a chuckle and he finally noticed Lady Circie lounging in a chair, eating from a bowl of seeds and watching him take into the sights.

"Beautiful, isn't it? Can't you just feel the excitement in the air?"

She flicked a shell on the ground and stood, and Mason bowed lowly. Her dress and aura darkened the arena as she watched him with a unknown expression on her face, but a clear sparkle of amusement in her eyes.

"Say my dear Mason, can you taste the blood spilled in the dirt? The sound of the filthy halfbloods crying their last soaked into the stones of these walls? Doesn't it feel so...electric"

"Yes my lady, it is beautiful in a way."

Mason looked down and managed to spit out the words, past the vile taste in his mouth. She nodded and motioned for him to stand and take the seat next to her, and he did.

"You arrived just in time, the show should be starting soon Mason, and I wanted to make sure you came to this one specificly"

"My lady, you haven't told me, why am I here? I've never had enough coin to come here, much less to enjoy the special seating, so why?"

Lady Circie smiled and grabbed another seed, peelling off the shell and flicking it away before eating it.

"You'll see soon enough."

A lone man in the fighting pit signaled Lady Circie, so she stood and grabbed her book off the holder on her belt and used her uninjured hand to flip through the pages. She stopped at a page and cleared her throat, until she started to mutter under her breath. Mason watched as her eyes glowed a dim amber and the wind picked up slightly as she finished.

"Welcome..."

She spoke in a normal tone, but her voice was amplifed so every single person in the stadium could hear her loud and clear.The crowd suddenly stopped talking and Lady Circie waited until they were all watching her intently and the wind being the only noise. Mason shifted, uncomfortable with the idea of so many people watching his every move.

"To my arena. Let the fun begin."

They immediately cheered and a horn sounded a fanfare. Lady Circie sat and closed her eyes, focusing for a second. The wind died down and she sighed, her voice back to normal. Down below, two halfbloods were being dragged onto the field and the crowd boo-ed.

*time skip? No wayyyyy*

Mason watched as a halfblood cheered in victory, standing over his defeated foe. He had sat here for almost an hour, watching as the halfbloods fought eachother, and he still had no idea why he was here. Lady Circie glanced towards him, and he proceeded to watch the fight with a uninterested expression.

He didn't want her to see how much it bothered him, watching the half bloods fight and cry out. It felt wrong after he traveled with them.

Divines, were they still alive?