A Little Bit Of Help (1k special)

Art credit on Tumblr and
itshttps://twitter.com/Amanita_Apothe/status/1475673930954334216?t=W1BplXcE8gKDZfhPY5Wg5w&s=19

I obviously don't know how to credit people

Anyhow

Enjoyyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coffee

Coffee is the only thing on your mind right now,  especially after the long day of work already. You pulled into the local Coffee Cafe and parked.

Turning off the ignition you pulled off your work hat and ruffled your hair, styling it back the the way you normally wear it, and opened the door.

Getting out you double checked you had your wallet, and locked the car before walking into the cafe.

It was your typical local cafe with warm wooden decorations, pictures and fairy lights hanging on the wall, and gentle music playing. You breathed in the smell of ground coffee and pastries baking and smiled. Just the smell of this place could energize you for days. You silently thanked your friend for showing you this place, as you walked towards the counter.

The cashier was restocking behind the register and looked up as you got closer and smiled. You smiled back, and realized they were here the past few days, wondering how often they got off.

"Hello! Welcome back, just your regular today?"

"Yes please! And one of whatever smells so good in the oven please."

"Ooh good choice! We got a new type of cinnamon roll cooking and they've been flying off the shelf recently. Ill put you down for one, anything else?"

Another worker walked by holding a a tray with a coffee and pastry, and dropped it off at a man with a laptop. The man smiled and thanked her, taking the items. You turned back to the worker, as they typed on the computer, putting your order in and you saw bags under their eyes and frowned.

"Sure, go ahead and add whatever your normal is, you earned it."

"What? I um thank you but I really couldn't do that." They stammered out, looking at you with wide eyes. You shrugged and smiled grabbing your card.

"You look like you could use a pick me up. And besides I come in here everyday after work, and everyday I see you. That means you are working just as hard as I am. So I think you earned it."

"I really couldn't-"

"Have you tried the new cinnamon roll yet?"

"Um no?"

"Then add another one of those for you and your regular coffee, I insist"

"Are... are you sure?"

You nodded and they reluctantly tapped the screen a few more times. You handed them the card and noticed the guy with the laptop watching you and you waved a little awkwardly. He smiled and waved too, going back to his laptop quickly.

You shrugged and took the receipt and card back from the cashier. They thanked you again and you reassured them it was no big deal, and you went to the normal table you sit at, a few tables away from the counter and man.

You sighed and sat down, happy to get off your feet. Tracing the scratches on the table, you zoned out, letting your mind wander. The background noise faded and you grabbed your phone, checking the notifications for anything important.

You notice the other worker looking around nervously, holding your stuff on a tray. You smile and raise a hand and she sees you, walking towards you quickly.