7. Here Comes The Bridezilla

Jasmine stood up and a woman grabbed her hand and walked her up on stage. Michael was beaming as Jasmine quickly walked to him and threw herself in his arms. She said "yes" in his ear and squeezed him tight still crying. 

He let go and placed the ring on her finger and the place went into a frenzy. Jasmine gave Michael a kiss on the lips then wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest. She waved to the camera, showing her gleaming ring and tears.

"Congratulations, Michael and Jasmine," Prince Albert said as he handed Michael his award back with a smile.

"And... You ain't seen nothing yet. Thank you," Michael said kissing his two fingers and giving the peace sign to the crowd. "I love you."

Jasmine was in awe. Backstage, a lot of people were taking pictures and asking her questions in Michael's dressing room but she could hardly form a sentence.

When Jasmine got back to the hotel suite with Michael, as soon they walked in, she was able to finally find words again. "I can't believe you did that, baby. What's gotten into you?"

He laughed at her. "I asked them was it okay for me to do it and I got the director's permission. I was very nervous. Could you tell?"

"No because I was freaking out myself," she said laughing. "Thank you." She buried herself in his chest and hugged him tight. "I love you, Bubba."

"I love you too, Bubble."

She giggled and looked up at him. They then began kissing.

"Are we really going to do it this time?" He asked holding her face.

She put out a glowing smile. "Of course. I'm not letting you go anywhere. Promise I'm not making that mistake again."

New York

Six days later was Janet's birthday and Jasmine was in New York City so she went to go see her at her place. Janet opened the door with open arms. "Happy Birthday, Boo!" Jasmine said squeezing her soon-to-be-sister-in-law.

"Thank you!" Janet grabbed the bouquet of flowers and the small gift bag from Jasmine and set them down on a table. "So let me see it!" She admired her ring. "Aww, you better marry my brother this time!"

Jasmine laughed. "I am. I'm ready. I already started planning."

"So this August 29th?"

"That's coming up quick. Maybe next year?"

Janet sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry. It's gonna happen."

"Well, what have you planned so far?"

"Who my maid of honor is going to be."

Janet's eyes widened and she placed her hand over her chest. "Me?" she asked in a squeaky voice.

Jasmine nodded.

"Aww yay!" Janet hugged her again. "What about Jessica?"

"I love Jessica but she hasn't been there for me like you have. And LaToya I considered as well but you were here before her."

"She's gonna hate me but oh well."

Jasmine was serious about marrying Michael this time. As soon as she got back to Neverland she started making phone calls and planning away. She was determined to make this wedding happen August 29th of 2001.