8. Wonder Woman

Michael was home alone with just his boys.  No Jasmine, no Jaslyn, nor Paris.  The girls went away on a trip.  He was sitting in his room talking on the speaker phone to his mother. 

"Yes, Mother, but I don't really understand what's happening and I know you know."  Jasmine went to Vegas with the kids and some of her friends.  She never really explained to Michael though her reason.  She said to just get away but it was too sudden and he could tell she was hiding something.  "Tell me."  He was holding a plate of snacks.  He picked up a cracker and ate one.

"Ask your father.  I don't know what's going on.  She came to see him and then they were talking out back for a long time."

"Jasmine was speaking to Joseph?  Alone?"

As Michael continued talking to his mother, little Jelani walked over and grabbed a handful of crackers off the plate and stuffed his mouth.

"Jelani!"  The little two-year-old tried to run away but Michael grabbed his arm and pulled him close.  "Spit it out!"  Michael giggled at his son.

"What is he doing?"  Katherine asked giggling too.

"Being greedy."  He kissed his son's cheek.

"Daddy, I want some!"

"No.  You ask nicely next time.  What I tell you about grabbing?"

"Please?" Jelani asked poking out his lip.

Michael wiped off the crumbs on Jelani's shirt.  "How long did they talk?"

"Oh for about an hour.  It was a long time."

"Please?" Jelani asked again.

Michael gave him a cracker.  "An hour?!"

Jelani smiled.  "Thank you."

"You're welcome."  Jelani walked away and Michael put his plate down.  "What does Jasmine have to say to Joseph for an hour?"

"They said I can't keep a secret so they wouldn't tell me anything.  But I think I know what it was about."

"Oh yeah, well how about you spill and tell me."

Katherine laughed.  She wanted to keep it to herself but she just couldn't hold it in.  "Well later on that night, he was on the phone with Joh'Vonnie so I thought maybe it was about her."

Michael rolled his eyes.  It made sense to him now.  "Doesn't she live in Vegas?"

"Yeah.  Is that where Jasmine went?"

"Yes!"  Michael was furious.  "What the heck does she think she's doing?  And she brought my kids with her.  I don't know that girl like that and neither does she!"

"Well, Michael, she is your sister.  I know her and she's not that bad of a person.  They're safe."

"I have to call you back."

"Michael, leave the girl alone.  We could be wrong."

"No because she was asking about her the other day." 

Michael managed to nicely get his mother off the phone so he could call his wife-to-be and voice his frustrations and disappointment. 

Jasmine answered the phone super bubbly like herself.  "Hi, baby!  I miss you already!"

"Jasmine, tell me the real reason why you're in Vegas."

"What are you talking about?"

Michael heard Paris crying in the background.  "What's wrong with Paris?"