9. The Eve Of Forever

Michael and Jasmine over the years of the new millennium became the one of the most popular among famous couples. They were an inspiration to lovers all around the world. They were seen together everywhere and they were never afraid to show their affection towards one another in the public eye. As their family grew larger and their marriage remained intact, everyone always asked what their secret was.

"Passion," Jasmine began explaining in a radio phone interview in 2006. "I don't know. We're just very much in love and our marriage has had its ups and downs just like any other marriage but when it's all said and done, Michael and I only want each other," she laughed. "We don't want to be with anyone else so we get through our issues and smile again. I can't picture myself with another and neither can he. Divorce is not an option, not that that's ever even came close to a discussion at any time during my marriage but I'm just saying. We're very happy and in love and no matter what happens, we will always have our family. I love that man."

Michael was always asked the same question as well. He traveled around the world a lot more than Jasmine did. Most of her choreographer work based her in New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta. So even when he was overseas, everyone wanted to know about his marriage.

He was on a talk show in London, 2007 and the host asked him about Jasmine. "Still madly in love?"

Michael giggled and the audience clapped and cheered as a picture of Jasmine appeared on a large screen behind the couches the male host and his guest sat on.

Michael looked at the photo of his beautiful wife and a huge smile grew upon his face. "Look at that girl."

"That girl is your wife!"

The audience laughed.

"Thankfully," Michael said turning back to the host. He pointed to the screen. "I'm a very lucky man."

"Yes you are. A beauty and a very lovely girl. I met her once years ago."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. So what is your secret?"

"There's no secret really. God made us for each other so we don't really have to try. Our love is just...a natural feeling that will never cease. We are forever, for all time."

"It's human nature is what you're saying."

Michael chuckled. "Yes. It's human nature."

"Is it true you two will be coming out with a reality show soon?"

Michael shook his head from side to side. "No. Well...I don't think so. Jasmine wanted to do it but I'm the one who didn't approve because I don't know how I would feel putting my business out there for the world to watch and judge. I mean, these are my kids. I wouldn't feel comfortable so I'm not going to say never but right now it's a no unfortunately."

"I think your fans just want to see you happy. They can see that you are but they want to know more. They admire both of you."

"I know and I love my fans but even though I'm finally at a very happy stage in my life, it's still hard for me to open up completely because in the past when I would, we all remember how it always turned out so just hold onto hope."

Michael wasn't comfortable with the reality show but he figured there was a way he could open up to his fans about his marriage and family. Answering questions and explaining himself during interviews wasn't always the most comfortable and enjoyable thing for him so he then decided to write a book. He was very happy with the results of Moonwalk back in 1988 so he thought writing him and Jasmine's love story was a great way for him to open up to his fans about how happy he truly was in life now. He was sad and lonely for so many years and that feeling was gone. He wanted everyone to know how happy he was so that year he started writing it. He contacted the two editors from the publishing company that set out Moonwalk and they were more than happy to do a story with him again. Jasmine loved the idea as well. The two editors kept in touch with Michael and spent a lot time with him and his family. He liked for them to ask him questions as a tape recording was going and he'd sit back in a soothing environment and he'd tell stories of him and Jasmine.