three

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

BORN TO RUN

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

BONNIE COLLINS

BONNIE COLLINS

"Why are we being held here? We want to leave!" Andrea spoke to the infirmary nurse who was examining her.

"You're not well enough! And it's dark. You should stay the night." the nurse explained to the women.

"Where are we?" Bonnie asked, her voice coming out weak. They had been blindfolded and taken into a car. Bonnie wasn't sure how long they traveled before stopping. They were lead to this room blindfolded and the nurse had checked Bonnie's ankle. Their weapons and the little they owned were taken away from them. 

"That's not for me to say. He'll talk to you."

"Who?" Michonne asked and Merle entered the room. 

"Go check on your patient, doc." Merle said and the nurse left the room leaving the three women with Merle and two other men who were guarding the door. He looked them all but his eyes stayed longest on Bonnie and Andrea. "Bet you was wondering if I was real! Probably hoping I wasn't." he took a chair and placed it in front of him before sitting on it.

"Well, here I am." he chuckled. "I guess this old world gets a little small towards the end, huh? Ain't so many of us left to share the air right? You know, when they found me, I was near bled out, starving, thinking to myself a bullet might make a good last meal. Take myself a nice long nap after, wait for Daryl on the other side. You seen my brother?"

"Not for a long time." Andrea shook her head.

"Makes two of us." Merle responded and finally Bonnie's and his eyes met and she wanted the walls to shallow her. "What about you, Doll? Honestly, you were the last person I expected to see."

Bonnie wasn't going to lie and say surviving came to her naturally. She had been lucky and that was the reason why she was still alive. She wasn't like Nate who had spent his whole life surviving so this new world probably 

Andrea turned her attention to Bonnie who was now looking at Merle. "Not since this started but you already knew that." she narrowed her eyes at him. "He was locked up when this started." she whispered the last part and she was sure that she saw some remorse in Merle but it soon disappeared.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Andrea asked and looked between Bonnie and Merle.

Merle chuckled. "We are basically family, me and Doll."

"Not really." she interrupted him but he continued. Bonnie had met Merle just once and then Nate had gotten arrested and she never heard from Nate's cousin again. Until now.