one

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

BORN TO RUN

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

NATE DIXON

It had been ten months. For ten months Nate Dixon had been locked in that prison cafeteria with five other inmates. They had no idea what was going outside and all they had been told to wait there until help came. 

Nate wanted to believe more than anything that help was coming but some days he lost hope. 

Bonnie. She was on his mind all day and night. Was she safe? Where was she? These were the questions on his mind. If he could only know that she was safe and well. She was the only reason why he was still sane while being locked in that cafeteria.

If he could take back what he had done, he would do it in a heartbeat to be with his Bonnie again. The day played on his mind over and over again like a broken record.

Nate didn't see his cousins Daryl and Merle often. They were drifters, having no place to call home so time to time they would come and visit him. When Merle arrived by his door that night alone, he should have just closed the door.

Merle had made some comments how his cousin had turned to pussy after meeting Bonnie and he was ready to throw the older man from his home but then he mentioned quick and easy cash.

By that time Nate had thought about proposing Bonnie and he knew that she didn't need a expensive ring but it's what she deserves. So Nate took his cousin's offer. It was supposed to be easy gig. Rob a house of rich pricks but things went wrong. Merle was supposed to be their get away ride but when he saw the cops he drove away leaving Nate to the hounds.

He was arrested and sentenced for five years. 

Nate still remembered the day like it was yesterday when Bonnie came to visit him for the first time since his arrest. How he got to hug her for couple seconds before they were told to pull away. He remembered how Bonnie tried to hold her tears but eventually she let them fall.

He remembered looking at her and thinking that she deserved better. Someone who wouldn't sit in jail for five years. She didn't deserve to travel four hours to see him for short amount of time every week. She deserved someone better.

Nate had even tried to tell her that she should forget him but all she did was laugh and told him: "You really are stupid." So then, every week she would come and visit him. That moment used to be his favorite part of the week and when she left he would start counting seconds until he would see her again. For two years she would visit him almost every week. For two years he had called her every change he got.