05. the unwanted ride

𝟬𝟬 . ▇ ¨⋆·˚ ༘ * 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅 ❜

 ▇ ¨⋆·˚ ༘ * 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅 ❜

━━━━━━━━━ ❛ chapter 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ❜ . *. ⋆

CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT. Devora never believed in that, in fact, she thinks that ignorance killed the cat, not curiosity. Ever since the Falcone family had moved into the mansion they live in, Esther and Marcus had decided to build a vault under the house. It is no secret to the maids, guards, and Devora. Only the married couple knew what is in the vault. At first, Devora didn't care thinking it was just money in it.

But as time flew by, she grew suspicious noticing how the married couple would go in and out of the vault on a daily basis. As she grew curious, she tried to get into the vault. But no matter how sneaky she is, she would get caught. Devora begged her sister to let her see what is in the vault but all she would say is " when the time is right, you will see what's in it ".

She became furious as time went by, guards and multiple CCTV cameras were added outside the vault so no one could get in but the married couple. Even guards would stand by in the middle of the night to make sure Devora doesn't get in.

No matter how many times she bribed the guards to let her in, even put sleeping pills in the guard's water so she could try to sneak in, none of it worked. Devora never gave up. But she did remember once when Marcus had opened the vault she had caught a glimpse of the inside. Books. Thousands of old historical books, a few random beads, and herbs. That's all she saw.

Her first assumption was that her sister is in a cult. But that sounded stupid to her so her next assumption was just family history and gold. After settling with her belief she had left the vault alone, by leaving it alone she means not trying to break the vault door and instead bribing her sister to let her in. But as always, she failed.

" You're gonna have to let me in that vault first if you want me to attend Mr.Hariss' class. "

" Devora, I swear to this ice cream in my hand I won't hesitate to leave this house and push you in your classroom. " Her sister's voice raised from her phone. Devora was leaning against her locker, phone pressed against her ear as Esther lectured her about her absence from school. The principal had called the Falcone household after noticing that Devora had not attended class for the past few days.

" Oh pleaseyou don't even want to get up, those shrek babies in your stomach are getting bigger and bigger every day, making you lazier than you already are " Devora scoffed as she started to head towards the exits of the school. It's true Esther is only a month away from labor. The Falcone sister was honestly excited for the babies. Devora surprisingly is too—not because she's gonna be an aunt but because she's excited to see her sister really happy.