Desire

[AN: Hey, my sweet friends! I have so many drafts of this chapter— and this is the winner! I want to say that I will work on my perfectionism when it comes to writing this story, but we all know that's just not going to happen. I'll write and write and write until I find the best way to tell the story! I know my chapters take forever to get published, but I am so thankful for the support you all shower over Guided. You guys inspire me! ANYWAYS— drink some water before you read this one ;). LOVE YOU ALL!

——————————————————-

~Kylo's POV~

He could feel her again, calling out to him, for him. Frantically, he searched for her as he always did. He was desperate to reach her, yet he never could.

Not when he was here, where time didn't seem to exist, and reality was hazy in a fog of uncertainty.

But that wasn't necessarily true. He was certain of one thing. He was certain of her. Certain of her ability to wrap constricting need around his throat.

Need that belonged to her but easily translated into his own, making it difficult to discern where his stopped and hers began.

But here, in this spot where only she existed, he knew it meant much more than he gave credit to, a place he cherished like a sanctuary for the lonely.

And fuck, it was the epitome of darkness.

Perfecting the definition of what most consider emptiness.

It was completely void of light.

But there was never light here.

But when she spoke to him, as she had for the past three years, he didn't need light. Hers radiated inside of him and provided him the warmth that his darkness could never produce.

Though his eyes could not see, it didn't matter. He didn't need vision here. He could feel her wrapping around him. Almost as if she was right next to him. Almost as if...

————————————————————————

He felt static in his arm as it radiated up from his fingertips. He shifted slightly, still feeling his nurse lingering within his mind. He could hear a soft sigh as something nuzzled into him further. With a murky mind, Kylo opened his eyes, promptly flooded with confusion that morphed into curiosity.

There she was, small and fragile and all aspects that Kylo wasn't. She clutched against his body as her head rested against his forearm, the apparent origin of his static-ridden limb.

But he didn't care about the sensation in his arm. It was his heart that sent him gasping for air, an immediate indication that her intoxicating softness threatened his health.

Kylo couldn't quite explain the emotion that grated its claws within him. But gradually, he breathed out as he noticed how her back faultlessly pressed snug against his chest, leaving the curve of her body fitting like a missing piece of himself.

However, with her proximity, Kylo could effortlessly detect that she was not a missing piece of him at all. He knew how considerably different they were.

Where he had thick scars and calloused hands, she had soft skin and hands that healed.

He was rigid and cold, where she was delicate and filled with warmth that gleamed over both of them.

But even through the warmth, Kylo could feel the darkness as it dwelled like an impending galactic storm. Breathtaking as it bloomed overhead, yet devastating when it surged with showers of plummeting stars.