Chapter 29

A/N: Hi loves! Happy December 1st! Can't believe this year is already coming to a close :(

---

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Hey, girl! You ready to get this shopping trip underway?" Alice asked in the most annoying and chirpiest voice ever. It was too early for this shit.

"Yeah, totally," I replied, wanting to off myself right then and there. My body was in pain. I couldn't feel my legs for shit. I had the most god-awful headache. Today was just not my day.

Fuck that.

This year was not my year.

Maybe if I told Alice about Cade's new side, she'll help me.

"Are you alright?" she asked, sensing my discomfort.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked.

"Sure. We can chat when we get to the smoothie bar," she replied. Making our way over, I head over to one of the tables and wait for her to finish ordering. "You sure you don't want anything?" she asked.

"I'm good. Thanks though," I replied with a smile.

"Of course. So, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" she asked.

"It's about Cade," I started.

"Oh my God!" she gasped. "Are you pregnant?" she asked, eyes wide with excitement.

"What? Fuck no," I replied.

"Oh," she responded disappointedly.

"Cade's been," I started, not knowing how to proceed.

"Hey, what is it? I'm here for you, you know that right?" she asked.

"I-he," I started again but fumbled as Alice stared at me with concern. "He's been really abusive lately," I sighed fidgeting with my fingers.

"What?" she asked in disbelief.

"I know. He kept me locked inside my apartment last week. I felt like a fucking animal," I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Has he hit you at all?" she asked, rubbing my back.

"Yeah," I replied, wiping the tears away. "The day we went shopping I came back home really late because I went to see Jeff since I hadn't seen him in such a long time," I started crying even harder now. "And when I came back home he was there and he was really, really mad and hit me, Alice! He fucking hit me!" I said sobbing.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I didn't-," she started to say, but I wasn't finished. I needed to get this off my chest.

"It got to the point where I was basically under house arrest. He took my phone, my wallet, my keys, even my goddamn wheelchair was chained to the radiator, Alice! And when that wasn't enough to keep me from moving, he took the damn wheelchair too!" I exclaimed as I sobbed into my hands.

"Holy shit. Did he-," she started again.

"He said it was to keep me from leaving. I was basically being taught a lesson on how to stay like a fucking dog, Alice! He treated me like a fucking animal!" I said crying even harder as she pulled me in for a hug.

"I am so sorry. I had no idea he was going to do that. I'm gonna go get you some tissues from the bathroom. I'll be right back," she said.

As she left, I looked around me scanning the crowds of people that passed by. The unsettling feeling of being watched was back and this time, it didn't feel like it was Alex. This time was more unnerving than the last. I felt like whoever it was that was watching me, was right behind me breathing down my neck.