Chapter Five

Do not comment spoilers or rr, they will be deleted.

  As they made their way to Potions, Delilah had her arm looped with Elio and he had her bag slung over his shoulder. It was nice, having her things carried, but also unsettling. She knew they were just being gentlemen, but she wasn't used to such treatment.

  Delilah eyed Elio as he laughed at some joke Abraxas had told.

  His smile was bright as he threw his head back, the light brown hair swaying as he did so. He was rather good looking. They were all rather good looking.

  Elio turned to look down at Delilah, remnants of his laugh still etched on his face. "I take it you've met good ol' Horace?" He asked.

  She hummed as she bit her lip, pulling at the skin slightly. "He's interesting. And rather loud." She remarked and Elio nodded in agreement.

  "Yeah, it's even worse when he's around Tom. Merlin, his eyes light up as if it's Yuletide."

  Delilah eyed Tom and leaned towards Elio to whisper, "is Tom a teacher's pet then, a suck up?"

  Elio blinked at her before laughing, he quickly cut himself off and feigned a cough as Tom looked back at them with an eyebrow raised. Delilah stifled a laugh by burying her face in Elio's shoulder. "Sorry." She coughed and straightened out her features, a laugh still bubbled in her chest however.

"Tom is like this beacon at all of the parties Slughorn hosts."

  "What parties?" She asked and Elio threw a charming grin at her.

  "Well, if you're as smart as you seem, Slughorn will surely give you an invite."

  Delilah nodded, however she made a mental note not to drag too much attention to herself. She wasn't one for parties, and the thought of being stuck at a formal event with no one she knew seemed terrifying. Sure, she was comfortable enough around the boys. And Lolita seemed nice enough. All around, the idea was too intimidating.

  They entered the Potions classroom and there was a surprisingly large number of students.

  There were eight Slytherin's, including her. Four Gryffindors. Ten Ravenclaws, Delilah smiled at them absentmindedly. And six Hufflepuff's. Of course, they were all sitting with people in their houses. Elio tugged her towards a table in the front and she was about to yell at him for it but Slughorn caught sight of her. She sighed and glared at Elio as she took her seat. In front of her sat Tom, and next to him was Abraxas, while Elio sat next to her.

  The table behind them held Lestrange, Avery, Lolita, and Olive. And the rest were students she didn't know. "Ah, Miss Pontmercy my dear! I see you've made good friends?" He patted Tom on the back and stared at the two as if he'd just opened a gift.

  Delilah and Elio looked at each other and shared a knowing smile. Tom raised his eyebrow slightly at Rosier as he caught wind of the silent gesture between them. He appraised him silently, glad he was getting to work on knowing more about her so quickly.

  "Good Morning!" He called and his voice echoed off the stone walls. "Today is going to be exciting indeed! Oh, Delilah I do hope you're up for a challenge!" He laughed and tapped his nose. She shifted in her seat as she felt some eyes drift to her. It was like Slughorn wanted to make things difficult.

  "Since I'm in such a cheerful mood, why not the Elixir to Induce Euphoria? Can anyone tell me the effects?" He looked around the room but made a point to keep looking at either Tom or Delilah. Both knew the answer, but weren't bothering to raise a hand.