9

Lan Wangji could not sleep that night.

He shared the room with Hua Cheng, who slept like a baby on the pullout bed, and he couldn't help but think about Wei Wuxian's stalker. After they called it a night, he went inside his room and called his brother, asking about the stalker and how the investigation went. Lan Xichen only sighed and told him everything. He knew that if he didn't tell his brother, he would just call He Xuan, their own investigator and bothered him, so he just gave him the general rundown and that He Xuan was still chasing a lead.

Lan Wangji suspected the Jiangs, as well as a couple of other more fanatical fans that he remembered from back when they were still together. But still he found himself wide awake that night, thinking about how he should protect the love of his life, even when he was not willing to be with him anymore. 

Wei Wuxian woke up early, and waited for the chopper to come while he ate a toast and a glass of milk. His stomach has been churned from the acid reflux ever since Lan Wangji came here. He just couldn't breathe, couldn't think of anything else except that godly body and how it tasted, how it moved, how it smelled. But the good news was that he made songs faster than he had ever been. For the duration of one week they were living together under the same roof, he produced five songs. And they were all about love and hope and him.

He knew that his hit song, Insane, hurt Lan Wangji's feelings, but it was really his honest thoughts about their relationship that made him suffocate and drove him insane. After that song, he realized that he still loved him. He just needed some time away to think and to find a way to talk to Lan Wangji about his needs and the boundaries they needed to take. 

But Lan Wangji was already gone by the time he went back to their shared loft and didn't come back until last week when he first saw him again after all those years. Damn, he still looked good–better now that his body was harder and bigger and his face was all hard angles and his hair was longer than he remembered. 

And he knew that after all those years, he still loved him.

Right now, he had to take matters into his own hands. He needed to find the perpetrator who did this, and he also needed to take action with the Jiangs, since they were also one of the root causes that caused Lan Wangji to be overprotective of him. He needed to find a lawyer, a private investigator and finish it all before he would confess to Lan Wangji again, whether or not he would take him back. So when the chopper came, he, Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe slipped away without Lan Wangji and Hua Cheng knowing.

When they were back in town, Wei Wuxian's phone was immediately bombarded by tons of messages and missed calls from one week that he was away. He didn't need to open  them all to know that they were from his step brother, step sister and step mother, and their messages were some variety of coaxing, to the threatening, that they needed extra money. Just another day at the Jiang's household. 

He ignored them all and instead he called his lawyer–a recommendation from Lan Xichen–and he set up a meeting immediately. Wei Wuxian told Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe to go back to their home first and to meet him later that night at his apartment before he went to the lawyer, Jun Wu.

Jun Wu was waiting for him in his office when he arrived at the building, and after exchanging pleasantries, Wei Wuxian cut to the chase.

"So, as I said before, I want to block all of my accounts and everything else that was used by the Jiangs under my name. Everything. Properties, cars, credit cards, credit lines, and there will be no more using my name for anything or I will sue them. Give them one modest house for Jiang Fengmian, Yu Ziyuan and Jiang Cheng, and one house for Jiang Yanli and her family. One car for each Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli. Take everything else and sell them. If they try to bring this to the press–and believe me they will–I will sue them for defamation and anything you could find on them. Then I want to set up a trust for my nephew, Jin Ling, but no one would be able to access that except Jin Ling himself when he was ready to enter the university and it was only to be used for his education only. If somehow he did not go to university, or he fell into any criminal life, the trust fund would be donated to the Animal Rescue Foundation. As a matter of fact, don't tell the Jiangs that I set up the trust fund." Wei Wuxian spoke in one continuous breath since if he didn't tell the lawyer now, he would lose his courage and be a pushover for his family again. 

Jun Wu only nodded, understanding of Wei Wuxian's situation since he was brought up to speed by Lan Xichen. He knew of the Jiangs. They were notoriously big spenders, and they lived above their means. They bragged everywhere that Wei Wuxian would give them anything they wanted and that was including the brother-in-law, Jin Zixuan. The Jins had an account with them when they were still rich and famous, but three useless kids and many bribes to many women that Jin Guangshan impregnated, their riches dwindled to nothing around three years ago, with an enormous outstanding debt that they still battled up in court. And ever since that, Jiang Yanli–Jin Zixuan's wife–had been pestering Wei Wuxian to pay for their lavish lifestyle. 

Wei Wuxian had a lot of income from his hits and royalties and everything, but he lived in a rented rundown studio apartment because all of his money was given to the Jiangs. His only prized possessions were his limited edition guitars. 

Jun Wu really did not know if he should scold Wei Wuxian for his stupidity, or applauded him for his misplaced loyalty. But thankfully he realized that he didn't help the Jiangs by giving them money.

"Oh and I also do not want to meet any of the Jiangs. If they dare to force a meeting with me, or look for me even though I already said that I don't want to see them, you should get restraining orders, and that includes my sister too." Wei Wuxian knew that Jiang Yanli would do that, and Jiang Cheng too. They could not live without a lavish lifestyle, but it wasn't his problem anymore. "And I want you to help me look for an apartment. Near the Lan Enterprise will be better. The rent for my old apartment will expire soon and I don't want to live there anymore."

"About that, Mr. Lan told me that you can use one of the company's apartments for free. It's located inside the closed gate community and there are many other stars that live there. The security is the best and you don't have to worry about the stalker or anyone could enter your place without your permission." Jun Wu was the Lan Enterprise' lawyer, so he had authority to do anything that he deemed necessary. Just like this.

"Good, I will take that offer gladly." Wei Wuxian gave Jun Wu his smile, the first in the last hour. He felt like a heavy burden was lifted from his shoulder and now he could breathe better.

Now, it's time to take care of the other matter.