Unexpected Presence

“Happy birthday beautiful!” Jake kissed you as you woke up. He placed himself over you. He pulled your pants down then kissed you as he entered you. He was gentle but quick.
   “Let’s go shower together.” You kissed Jake then pulled out some clothes before walking into the hall.
   “Morning love.” Liv hugged you.
   “I’m going to fix you breakfast.” Matt said.
   “Oh yeah babe, your parents are here and so is Erin.” Jake kissed you.
   “You two take your time and we will take care of the kids, if and when they wake while you’re in the shower.” Gabby said.
   “Thankfully you two didn’t wake them while you were banging on the wall.” Erin said.
   “That is just the beginning of things I have planned for her.” Jake said as he pulled you into the bathroom.
   “I’m surprised she isn’t pregnant again.” Gabby said.
    The shower was amazing. He didn’t stop you from yelling. He didn’t stop you from going down on him. He enjoyed it. He cleaned you then helped you get dressed.
    Breakfast was good. Church was nice. Lunch was enjoyable. The afternoon was your party which didn’t start until after Jake made love with you in the car. He was all over you that day. He wasn’t hiding it at all. He was kissing you for a third of the party.
    You let the kids blow out your candles then feed you cake. Jake laughed when you set on his lap and kissed him. Both of you had frosting everywhere.
   “I have presents for the kids.” You went to your room and grabbed them. “Mom, Dad, you’ll want to help Adyn open his.” You set your phone on the table to where it was recording the whole room. “And would my sisters help Grace open hers please?” You sat down next to Jake, handed off the presents, then took Jake’s hand and held it against your stomach. You kissed him. “I love you. Btw there’s a surprise for all of you too.”
    They got the gifts open. It took a second but Gabby got up and hugged you. “Congrats baby!”
   “You’re going to be a big sister!” Erin said to Grace.
    Jake realized what was going on. He looked at you then your stomach. He kissed you pushing you back into the couch. He lifted you up and continued to kiss you. He put you against a wall. “You make me so happy!” He kissed you again. “I can’t get enough of you.” He kissed your neck then started making his way down your chest.
   “Babe, everyone is watching including the kids.” You said. “I’m not talking about Nacho.”
   “We’ll be right back.” He carried you to your room. “Hello Nacho. And hello Mama!”
   “If we need to kennel him up, let us know.” Amanda said when you returned to the living room.
   “How far are you?” Finn asked.
   “Four weeks.” You said. “I really wanted to wait to say something but my husband needed a win.”
   “I’d say he’s been getting plenty of those today.” Sonny said.
    Dinner was good. You fell asleep on the floor with the kids.
   “What’s the matter love?” Liv asked Jake when she saw him in tears.
   “She makes me so happy.” He said. “It’s been a year for both of us. I thought I was going to lose her on Valentine’s Day then I thought she wasn’t going to walk again. That made me sad because she would never have the joy of doing the things with our kids that she’s wanted to do. Plus, she’s been restricted her whole life and she was finally free only to be restricted again. Watching her pick up and hold her angels the day she got her cast off was beautiful. Spending the day giving her a proper Valentine’s Day was fun. I messed up that night but it was still an amazing night. She made sure that the fourth of July was amazing for the kids, then that my birthday was enjoyable. She made the three weeks in Chicago entertaining and educational for the kids. Our proper honeymoon was nothing special but it was restful and peaceful. Grace’s first birthday was fantastic. She doesn’t know this, but when she came to the hospital the night of the accident, I was fully aware of her presence. She didn’t know that I woke up a few times briefly while she was there. She took care of me when I came home. She never once complained and she was very attentive, even with the kids around. I almost lost her again that night. We almost lost one another. Today was supposed to be all about her. I have come to the realization that she will never be okay with that. She made sure that we all were included in her day and made it our day. I dealt with the lose of our baby but I don’t think she really did. It was heart wrenching seeing the pain on her face. The guilty verdict at court was a bit satisfying. The joy in her eyes when I realized that we are pregnant made the moment even better. She is amazing! Beautiful! And such an amazing mother and wife! You all made her. My wife is who she is because of the impact you had on her life. Because of the love and compassion you showed her. My beautiful family is sleeping in front of us because you each took a chance on her and treated her like a person. Thank you for giving me my family. I’ve never been so happy and I want more of this in my life!” He got on the floor and kissed the kids then you as he cuddled up next to you.
   “They are such a cute family.” Amanda said.
   “He’s thanking us for this but he should be thanking her.” Matt said. “She has always fought for others even before she knew us.”
   “We did what we could, but she’s the one that let down walls and allowed us in.” Erin said.
   “Twelve years ago I pulled her out of the water and revived her. She tried killing herself later that year.” Liv said.
   “She didn’t see a future where she turned sixteen, went to prom, had her first kiss, graduated, turned eighteen.” Gabby said. “She never saw past death. And now here she is, married to an amazing man. She has two amazing kids and another on the way.”
   “She has parents and a family.” Sonny said.
   “We did good fam.” Finn said.
   “We will head out.” Raph said.
   “Thanks for having us over.” Melinda said.
   “You’re always welcome here. You are our family.” You said quietly as you moved the kids onto Jake. You got up and hugged them. They left and you sat on the couch.
   “Did you have a good birthday babe?” Gabby asked.
   “I honestly had forgot that my birthday was coming up.” You said. “I was so concerned about making sure Jake was okay and taking care of my family that everything else was unimportant.”
   “That’s what you have us for.” Erin said. “Is to remind you that the day you were born, was a very amazing day and one we are all thankful for.”
   “No joke.” You said. “I appreciate it.” Tears slid down your face.
   “We love you.” Liv said.
   “I know.” You smiled. “I’m sitting here looking at my husband, kids, and dogs asleep on the floor, my parents sitting beside me, my sister’s close to me and I know I’m very loved and very blessed. My eighth birthday I was sure I was going to die. A few years ago I was sure I was going to die on my birthday. I never imagined when I was eight that I would be twenty and have two amazing kids blowing out my candles for me. At eight I didn’t have parents or sisters and now I have so much love in my life that I keep popping babies because I can’t contain it all.” There were chuckles. “Things have gotten better. But I understandably still have the fear that it’s all going to be taken from me. I almost lost my husband a few weeks ago. I lost a baby this year. As usual, I almost died this year. Last year Adyn almost died. It scares me but it’s getting better. I love you guys and thank you for today. There was a lot of se…love making, smiles, laughter, peace, and love. It was good. Wasn’t it Bub?”
   “I love you Mommy!” He got up and hugged you.
   “I love you too my sweet boy.” You kissed his forehead. “Will you dance with me?” He nodded. You picked him up and started slow dancing with him. “I love dancing with you. You’re such a great dancer. Better than both of your dads. But we won’t tell them that.” He laughed. You got a look on your face. “MOM!” You fell to the ground but Erin and Gabby were able to catch you before you completely hit the ground. Adyn laughed. “I can’t move my legs.”
   “Mommy do again!” Adyn laughed. “It fun!”
   “Come on Bub.” Jake picked him up. “Let’s get you and Sis to bed. We can fall down some tomorrow night.”
    They hugged you then went with Jake to your room. “With everything with Jake, I haven’t been doing much P.T. though this doesn’t happen much any more.”
   “I’ve got you.” Gabby started doing stretches with you. “Once a day would be just fine.”
   “I’ll take over doing that.” Jake walked out with blankets and pillows. “Adyn is asking for Daddy Matt and Babs. Brynn and I will sleep out here.”
   “I think we'll turn in for the night.” Liv said. She saw the look on Jake’s face.
   “We’ve got a busy day tomorrow.” Erin said. Everyone kissed you and hugged Jake then went to their rooms. Jake got on the floor and did the stretches.
   “I can move my legs.” You said. “Will you work on my back a bit?”
   “I’ll massage it and be gentle.” He said as you turned over. He did, then put his hands up your shirt. He caressed and kissed you. “I hope today was amazing! Happy birthday BAF!” He pulled your pants off then inserted himself. It felt so good. He put his hand over your mouth as you came.
   “Are you two decent?” Gabby asked. “The kids need water.”
    Jake threw a sheet over his backside. “Are now.” She got water then went back into her room. Jake turned you over and was in you again. He moved you to the couch and went at it again. You both ended up back on the floor. He talked to your belly while you fell asleep. “I love your mom so much. I can’t wait to meet you.” He covered you both up then fell asleep.