Blue & Grey

2 months later...

  I woke up from the sound of the alarm. I turned my head to the side and look at the window.  It's raining. It feels good to hear the sound of rain. I put on my hoodie and went downstairs. I walked past the kitchen but my steps stopped as my mom called for my name. "Yes, mom?" 

  "Where are you going? Come take a sip of this hot chamomile tea with me." She said while pouring the tea into a cup. She doesn't need to be that specific. I pull the chair from the table and sit on it. I sipped the tea and the warmth went down through my body. Aaah, that feels good especially during this rainy time. "Hye Jun-ah. Have you... heard anything from them?" She asked me slowly. I looked up at her and tilt my head to the side. "Who?" I asked. But then it hits me. 

"Hye Rin and Taehyung."

 It's been a long time since we texted each other. I don't know any updates about their relationship and he hasn't told me anything. I felt quite relieved. To be honest. Since I don't have to involve in anything and I can focus on myself. But, at the same time, it does feel wrong. Both of our families have such a good relationship and we can't ruin that just because of their problem. "Not really. I think he's been busy with college stuff and I haven't talked to Hye Rin ever since she left home." I told my mom the truth. Her eyes look sad and I feel bad. "Should I ask them?" I asked her. She looked at my eyes, full of hope. "Yes please, Hye Jun. You're the only one who can help right now. I don't want them to break up." 

   It's 10 a.m. here in Seoul. Taehyung probably getting ready to sleep now. I tap his number and decide whether I should call him or just text instead. Let's just text him first. Suddenly, a loud thud was heard near my window. I'm so shocked that I jumped out of my bed. I slowly walked to my window to check what it was. I slightly opened my window so the rain won't get in. I looked down just to see a bird on the ground. Is it dead?

   "Hye Jun"

I immediately turned to my back to see who's calling my name. "Who's that? I swear if you're not coming out, I'll kill you with my hand!" I stand with my kung fu pose just in case someone's going to kill me. "yaa! You called me. This is Taehyung. On your phone." I looked at my phone on the floor and it hits me. I must have tapped the wrong button. 

  "Aaah... Please ignore that, I'm practicing for my umm... theatre. Anyways, you're not sleeping?" I changed the subject as my face blushed in embarrassment. "Nope, I can't." There's a long silence after that. "Any news about you and Hye Rin?" I asked. But, it only comes with another silence. "Well... She blocked my number." He said. That makes me gasp. Disappointed but not surprised. "Are you...okay?" What a stupid question to ask but I don't know what else to say. "I think that's how we end things. She's with someone else already. I can't stop her from doing that. It's like violating her human rights, isn't it?" He said it with a laugh which leads him to cry. "I'm so pathetic, Hye Jun. I'm not enough for her I guess. That's why she left me. All those years, those beautiful memories. Just gone like that." I don't have any better thing to say so I just let him cry over the phone. "Taehyung-SSI. I may not understand how you feel since I have zero experience in this kind of stuff. But from my point of view, It's her loss. Not you. You didn't lose anything at all.  She showed her real side, who can't stay loyal and can't appreciate other people. You, Kim Taehyung, you're a perfect human being. Sometimes, it feels unreal that such a man existed and my sister left him. That's such a stupid act that also feels unreal." I said what I said and I hope it can make him feel better. "If I'm perfect, then why did she leave me?" He asked and I sighed. "As I said, she's stupid." 

    I heard him sighing. "How's mom?" He asked. Probably trying to change the subject again. "She's been worried about you guys. That's why I called you." Another sigh could be heard from the other side of my phone. "Can I talk to her?" 

    30 minutes passed. Mom walked downstairs sadly. I was sipping a tea but put it on a table as I saw her. "Everything's good?" I asked. I know it's not but he probably tells her something else. She looked at me with her sad eyes. "Not at all, dear. I don't understand why your sister did that. Where should I put my face? Taehyung's family has been so nice to us. I'm so embarrassed." 

   My ear stings at the fact that she's my sister. What mom said was true, there's no way we could act as nothing happened and not be embarrassed. "Should we call Hye Rin?" I asked. I'm so ready to get mad at her and hear her reason. Pretty sure that I'll laugh at it though. "She's going to visit us tomorrow after her class. She said she have a surprise for us." A surprise? 

"Well, we have a surprise for her too."