Let Go

In an hour, Hye Rin would be here. We're going to have a family dinner since Jungkook got the highest point in his college. Surprisingly. So, everyone would be here tonight. I have a feeling that nothing would be good. 

   I helped my mom in the kitchen to prepare all the food and drinks. As I was pulling the tray from the oven, someone ring the bell. "I'll get it!" said dad. He's not working today. He took one daybreak just to celebrate his son's success. I went to the dining room and put the plates in their place. Mom would be mad at me if I didn't put it in the right way. She used to work at a hotel so she knows the rules. 

   As I'm on my way upstairs to take my phone, Jungkook called me. "Oh, you're here. I thought it's Hye Rin." He chuckles. "Come here I have something for you." He said. Praying in my heart that it's not another prank. He pulled something out from his bag. It was wrapped nicely with aesthetic academia packaging. "Oh my god, that's so pretty! I wonder what's in there??" I sat next to him and grab it from his hands. I pulled the string and carefully tore the wrap. Oh. My. God. "No way. Are you sure? Jungkook, is this for me?" I asked for confirmation. No way he's going to give me The Midnight Library book. A hardcover one. "Yeah. I know, I'm a very good brother." He said. "But, why?" I asked as he rarely give me anything because he's a broke-ass student. "Do I need a reason to give my sister a gift?" He said that with a grin. I hit his arm instead of hugging him and he's cool with that. 

Ding dong

   I get up from the couch and walked to the door. Jungkook followed me behind. I unlock the key and open the door just to see Hye Rin and she's not alone. That's Eun Ho. what the fck?  "Hye Jun! I missed you so much!" She spread out her arms to hug me but I step back. "Nope, don't touch me, sis," I said.  She pouted and that makes me gag. I looked behind her and saw that guy smiling at me. "Are you Eun Nie?" I asked him. Intentionally. Then, I heard Jungkook snort. 

      "No, I'm Eun Ho. Not Eun Nie." Eun Nie said with awkward laughter. "Aaaah... Please come in. Mom must have been waiting for you." I finally said that. I looked at Jungkook and he's been staring at that guy with his dead eyes. I hit his arm. "Bro, chill." He looked down at me and snort again. "This is our family dinner. He's a stranger. It will be logical if she brought Taehyung. Not Eun Nie. I have a strong reason to be mad at her right now." He explained. Well, he's not wrong but he also can't make it too obvious. That guy is still a person too, even though I talk bad about him behind. 

   We all take our seats and get ready to eat. Including Eun Ho. He took a seat next to my sister, of course. That's Taehyung's spot. My dad looked at him and gave a weird look at my sister. "Who are you, again?" He asked. "My friend, dad. He got nothing to do today so I invite him." She said. 

   "Aaah... Welcome, don't be shy. Eat as much as you want," My dad said with a laugh. I and Jungkook looked at each other. Pretty sure we thought about the same thing. Dad is still clueless so that's why he's acting like that. 

   We finished our dinner quietly. Not much talking as usual. Maybe because his presence makes things awkward. The girls wash dishes in the kitchen while the guys help clean the table in the dining room. My mom sipped on her tea and take some vitamins. I was putting the dishes in the cupboard when mom suddenly speak. "Is Eun Ho your new boyfriend, Hye Rin?" I immediately turned my back at them with my eyes widened. I saw Hye Rin stop washing the dishes but the water from the tap still flowing.

 "W..what do you mean, mom?" She asked, stuttering. "You know what I mean. Don't act stupid because I know everything. I need your reason for your very disappointing behavior that makes me feel so ashamed to even meet the Kim family." She said, strictly. I had never seen her this mad. I feel so awkward standing in this very tense situation. But, I also want to hear what she would say. "I don't want to talk about it." She washed her hands and try to walk away but mom pulled her arm. "That's rude of you to just leave like that." Mom said. "I told you I don't want to talk about it. I thought it should be a happy family gathering without any bad things to talk about!" Hye Rin started to raise her voice. "So you knew it's a bad thing. Then, why would you do that? Why would you leave him hanging like that? He loves you so much and I do so not understand why and how could you leave him-" 

"I DON'T LOVE HIM ANYMORE!" Hye Rin shouted.

   What the fuck. I gasped and so do mom. Jungkook and Eun Ho came to the kitchen to see what happened. "What h-" He couldn't finish his words because Hye Rin asked him to shut up. I looked into her face and saw how she realized that she messed up. She walked away and pulled Eun Ho together. I followed them from behind. "You don't have to shout at mom like that," I told her with a straight face. "Shut the hell up, Jeon Hye Jun. I know it was you who break into my phone. You're the cause of this whole mess!" She shouted in my face. 

  I slap her.