two

I'm going to start school at Royal Heights( such a cringe name for a school) tomorrow and from the school brochure Lisa picked up for me that place is one hell of a school.

They've got a huge auditorium, a large swimming pool, a soccer field, a basketball court(Lucas would have loved this he's a huge NBA fan and it kinda rubbed off on me), lot of science labs, which I wonder even if these rich kids are interested in and lastly a music auditorium. I smiled when I saw this because I know mum would have loved it.

She wanted to become a famous artiste but along the line she met this out of the world dude and fell so in love with dad that she got herself pregnant with Lucas, so she couldn't pursue her dream. Their story is so much better when she tells it herself . It was always my favorite bedtime story. Even though her dreams were not realised, she always says Dad was the best thing that happened to her and Lucas and I were just the icing on her favourite velvet cake. It's been almost twelve years now but I still miss her so much.

I was kinda excited about school because Royal Heights seemed to be a cool place and this happened to be my last year in high school so I was going to make the best of it , without getting too attached to people of course.

No matter what school we went to Lucas was always the popular one. He made sure to join their basketball team, manage to become their star player and he was literally worshipped by the entire school. And I'm sure college is not going to be ang different because Lucas is just way too cool out of no fault of his.

I doubt people even know I am his sister, and that I very much appreciate because I just didn't need all the attention. Alvares might be a common Spanish name but knowing that my father was Carlos Alvares literally got people wanting to get close to you for all the wrong reasons and that is what I always want to avoid.

I look around my room and realize there is so much unpacking and  organizing to do but that can wait because I've got more important things to do like prepping for school.

I check my backpack to make sure I'm set for school tomorrow . I gently put in my headphones which are lying on my bed side. I don't want to risk leaving them behind. Im always wearing them, sometimes to block out others but most importantly because music is my safe place and I always want to feel that safeness no matter what.

I pick out a black skirt and a blue crop top to wear for school. Lisa said the school has a uniform but I'm yet to pick it up tomorrow. I'm still undecided if I should wear my Nike or Jordans(which I inherited from Lucas once he grew out of them). I settle with the Jordans.
I stand back and look at my outfit and once I'm sure I'm set I fall back on the bed and fall asleep immediately.

~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~

Lola , Diego we're gonna be late better get yourselves down here."
I hear Lisa calling from downstairs.

I check my phone and yes I was so late and for my first day too aarghh. I quickly rush out of bed and trip on a few boxes. I've really got to organize my stuff. I quickly shower and fix up my hair which is naturally straight for which I will always be grateful to mum for, because even a bad hair day could be fixed easily. I quickly rush downstairs to find Dad and Diego already at the table whiles Lisa is rushing to fill our plates with scrambled eggs and toast. I look in the cabinets for my favorite cereal but cant find any. I turn back to glare at Dad.

"Please don't give me that look sweetie it's been just a week since we got here , haven't had time". Dad pleaded whiles sipping his coffee.

"Don't worry honey I'll be going shopping today so by sunset we should have everything we all need" Lisa added and I couldn't be more grateful.

Guess I'll have to eat the plain toast and eggs.( would have loved some of dads coffee with that but I was on a ban due to some silly mistake I made at a point in my life)
I sit down to have my breakfast and Dad quickly rushes us out the door to his car once we are done.

I am just about to open the passenger door when Lisa rushes out with her camera the scarf on her neck missing the floor by few inches.

"Click click honeys , first days for everyone".

She always does this to add to her endless pile of pictures. So much for being a lifestyle blogger.

" Come on honey we're running late" Dad complained as he tried to figure out which of his many keys was for the car.

"Just one please, I'll be quick come on everyone give me your brightest smiles"

Diego's smile is so big Im afraid his face is going to split. We all smile and ...flash flash.

"Something seems to be missing"Lisa says rubbing her chin with her fingers.

"Come on honey we're really running late we've got to go" Dad sighs as he finally figures the key out.

Lisa quickly rushes to me and braids a strand of my hair ( it was a tradition with mum and I'm glad Lisa kept it going for me)

" There... much better"she smiles at me and I couldn't help but smile back and give her a quick hug.

" Have a lovely day honeys " she says as she gives us all pecks and goes back into the house. Once we are all settled in the car dad drives us off.

Well Royal Heights here I come.