Eight

My alarm blares loudly and I wonder who could have set it for a Saturday, I reach out my hand to turn it off, and immediately sit up when I feel something squishy in my palms.

"Eeeewww Diego, what the heck". I say as I realise it is shaving cream

"Where did you get this from its not like you even shave"

I climb out of bed, looking around for something to throw at Diego who is already scurrying out of the room. I notice Cassie standing at my door and laughing off  her red hair head ,which is more frizzy than usual.

"Dont tell me its past noon, and what's with the hair?" I ask her

"Just a few minutes to eight o'clock and it's the weekend I don't have to look sane". She says air quoting sane.

"Why are you here so early then, and ruining my beauty sleep".

"Please you don't need it , you are quite the beauty already and besides if you really want to do all the unpacking today we have to start early".

She throws herself on the bed as I get up to go to the bathroom to freshen up. We go downstairs to have breakfast and Lisa really outdid herself. She couldn't have been more happier that I had a friend over for the very first time. And to think she teamed up with Diego to prank me, which I  was definitely going to get him back for.
After breakfast Cassie and I went back upstairs to get down to business. There were a lot of boxes which were unlabeled even though Lisa asked me to but  clearly I didn't.

"Woah girl these are a lot of sneakers you've got here" She notices as she unpacks a box.

"Yeah got most of them with my brother"

"That little kid sure got some taste"

"No, not Diego,Lucas my older brother" I chuckle at her as I look at her confused expression.

"He's off at college". I supply an answer to her now annoyed face as I continue to laugh.

She nods in understanding. I look through some boxes to see if I'll find my pictures which I eventually do. I arrange them on my bed stand and pick one out to show Cassie.

"Your brother is hot" she says as she fans herself.

"Ewww, I know that but I don't want to hear you say it"

She shakes her head as she still looks closely at the picture. It is not a very recent picture I mean Lucas was in his senior year, and it was my junior year in high school.
We go through all the boxes  until the very last one  which I was most excited to open and the room already felt like it was mine but I knew this last box will wrap it up perfectly.
I saw Cassie out of the corner of my eye reaching out to open the last box but I rushed to stop her . She  looked up at me startled

"What's got your pants in a twist  Lola?"

I scrunch my nose as I reply
"Uhmm nothing just let me do the honors of opening the final box".

I rip it open and feel a huge grin spreading across my face as I look at the contents of the box

"Music posters?" Cassie asks from behind me unimpressed.

I look up at her from the floor where I am, still having that grin on my face

"Yep, let's start puttin them up"

We paste them on the walls and they cover up almost every last space there is

"Why do you have more band posters than the others "Cassie asks.

"I guess they make  more of them than the others, and they are easier to get, besides I like them so it's just a win for all."

I glance at my room with Cassie on my side and I'm satisfied with how it looks.

"We did a pretty good job I guess"

"Yep, and I'm sure you couldn't have done it without me" Cassie replies with a smirk on her face "and for the record, of all these posters its just  the One Direction poster I'm familiar with and that's just because my little sister is so crazy about them"

I turn to look at Cassie with a shocked expression on my face
"What..... you mean to say you haven't heard of The Beatles, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic ,Twenty One Pilots, at least you should know Adele.

"Sorry I'm not from much of a musically inclined family like yours."

" Oh please,only mum can hold a tune, and you said your sister likes 1D so that's a point for inclination ".

''So  Lisa can cook and sing "

"Uhmm no...my mum not Lisa.. come to think I haven't heard Lisa sing before"
I lower my eyes as I say and look back up at Cassie to find a questioning look on her face .

"Lisa is my step mum, Dad got married to her after momma passed"

There is an awkward silence after that and I don't want Cassie to feel like she has to sympathise with me and so I'm glad she broke the silence with a change of subject.

"My sister thinks Harry is the hottest but I'll  pick Zayn anyday."

"Yeah,right but Niall is the cutest and he's got a freaking accent so I'm going to pick him anyday."

We go on bickering like that for another fifteen minutes until we both give up and I just show her the rest of the other artistes on the posters. It was time for Cassie to go and I escorted her to the door and waved goodbye as she got on her scooter and rode off. Shouldn't a mafia daughter have like a wild roaring motorcycle or something similar I thought to myself as I walk back inside the house.

If only Cassie knew how glad I was that she was here, I think after today I can finally call someone a friend, I mean  apart from Lucas and Diego of course.