Rain

"We should have taken a train" Viktor complained, leaning heavily on his cane. "I can't make it back to the Academy with the weather like this." Jayce nodded, peering out from under the balcony. "I'm sorry, I didn't know it would rain like this." he sighed, turning to look at his partner. Viktor rolled his eyes, smiling wryly. "Next project: control the weather. Never again will I have to suffer this..." he gestered his hands at the downpour in front of them. "indignity." he finished, trying in vain to wring the water out of his jacket. Jayce straightened. "I've got an idea." he said slowly. Viktor sighed. "Dear god. Last time you said that, we ended up picking glass out of Mel's closet for a week." 

"Remind me again why this is a good idea?" Viktor said nervously, balanced precariously on Jayce's back. "Trust me," Jayce called back. "I can run faster, and this way," he put his coat over Viktor's head, "You'll stay dry." Viktor tightened his grip around his shoulders. "For the record, I would like to say that I-" Jayce cut him off by running out into the rain, causing Viktor to jolt backwards and nearly strangle him in his attempt to hold on. "THIS WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!" Viktor screeched. Jayce laughed and ran faster. Viktor buried his head into his shoulder, the coat covering his eyes. 

Jayce's feet hit the Academy steps with a thud as he skidded to a stop. "Hey, Vik, you can come down now." he said. "No, I don't think I will." Viktor's muffled voice came from under the jacket. Smiling, Jayce swung Viktor off his shoulders and set him down. "So? was that idea better than last time?" he teased. "Hmm. Let's NEVER do that again." Viktor said, before Jayce began coughing. 

"Idiot," Viktor said affetionately, "You can't just run in the rain without a jacket and expect to be completely fine. "Damn it." Jayce mumbled, slouching. "Come on, let's get you inside."