Tired

"Viktor? Are you listening to me?" Heimerdinger asked, waving a hand in front of his eyes. 

(Is it just me or does Heimerdinger look like the Lorax)

"Um, yes, sorry professor." Viktor said apologetically. "I'm afraid I didn't get much sleep yesterday." 

"I can see that." Heimerdinger smiled. "Maybe you'd better take the day off, at least until you feel more rested."

"Thank you." Viktor replied, stifling a yawn with his hand and standing.

When he walked into his room, Jayce looked up from his notes, grinning. "You're back early today."

"Not-*yawns*-really." Viktor said, falling back onto a couch.

"Are you okay?" Jayce asked, moving and sitting beside him. 

"I suppose I am a bit tired," Viktor admitted. "I was up later than usual last night, after all."

"So Heimerdinger sent you home instead of watching you perform experiments while exhausted? Is he insane?" Jayce deadpanned, pulling Viktor into his lap. 

Viktor snuggled closer and closed his eyes, too tired to argue. Jayce smiled and kissed him quietly. 

When Viktor woke up, he saw that a blanket was curled around his shoulders and a note on the table. 

Mel demanded a council meeting, 'couldn't miss it'. Be back soon. Love you ~Jayce

He smiled and headed off towards the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cupboard on his way.

The tea had finished boiling by the time Jayce came back. He walked with heavier steps that usual. Viktor looked up from his book, concerned. "I take it the meeting wasn't particularily enjoyable." he said, bringing a mug of tea over to his partner. 

Jayce took it and smiled tiredly. "Not really, no." he agreed. He took a sip and grabbed his book from the table. Viktor sat beside him and let Jayce rest his head on his chest. 

It wasn't long before Jayce started snoring. 

Viktor twacked him with a cushion. "You just had to ruin the moment, hmm?"