Speech

"I don't want to do this." Viktor whispered worriedly. "I'm an assisstant, not a public speaker."

Jayce held his hand and smiled at him. "You're not just an assistant. You're my partner. I couldn't do this speech without you." 

"I wish you didn't put it like that. It makes it more difficult to refuse." Viktor grumbled, as he nervously fiddled with the end of his tie.

"Hey. Look at me." Jayce said, taking Viktor's hands away and fixing his tie. "I'm not going to make you do anything. But I know you can do this."

Sighing, Viktor pressed his forehead against Jayce's and limped carefully towards the podium.

Viktor cleared his throat, tapping the mic twice before beginning to speak. He stumbled on his words in the beginning, casting a helpless look towards his partner. Jayce beamed at him and sent him a reassuring thumbs up. Viktor smiled back at him and continued.

Applause echoed through the hall as Viktor made his way backstage. He had only taken a single step behind the curtain before two strong arms wrapped themselves around his waist. 

"I'm so proud of you!" Jayce whispered into his hair. Viktor closed his eyes and leaned back contentedly into Jayce's chest. 

"Next time you're doing the speech."

"Alright."

"I'm serious. Never again."

"Okay, okay. I promise."