Shattered [Angst}

Hi guys, it's Nyah, back again with some more stories. I've kinda hit a wall for a while, but FEAR NOT! I will struggle onward because I love all of you like the children I'll never have. I suck at angst, but here goes.

Jayce's POV

It's been a week since Viktor died. My god, it hurts to think about it. I should have been there to listen to him, he needed someone and I was too wrapped up in my head to listen.

What kind of partner am I? One who couldn't show up in time to stop the man I love from jumping off a balcony.

He stopped me, goddamn it, I should have stopped him.

So here I am, sitting in a dark room crying until I can't see. Mel gave me time off work, which was kind of her, but without anything to distract me all I can think about is that fact that I'll never see him again.

Heimerdinger stopped by last week for the funeral. He blames me, I could tell just by how he looked at me. And I don't blame him. 

The worst thing is that Piltover barely noticed. It was Viktor who helped me and basically invented everything himself, yet he stayed in the shadows. People came to the funeral and talked about 'my' great inventions while Viktor's still body lay ten feet away. It took all the willpower I had not to shout at them.

Mother told me the best thing I can do is to keep living. I'm trying. I'm trying so hard. But it's hard to keep living when your world goes dark.

I stood up, rubbing at my eyes and wandering aimlessly through my room.

If he were here~

"Stop", I groaned, dropping my head in my hands. He's not here. And he won't ever be again.

Not looking where I was going, my hip bumped against the side table beside the couch. The picture frame resting atop it wobbled before falling to the ground and cracking on impact.

The picture was taken on the last invention reveal Viktor and I had both attended. I was laughing, my arms wrapped around Viktor's shoulders as he half hid his face in my jacket.

Now the glass was broken, slight lines distorting the image. I don't care though. 

The picture isn't the only thing shattered.