Chapter Seven

"Hey, Shun," Aren mumbled.
"Huh?" Shun sounded without opening his mouth.
"This might sound dumb but what if we record a song now? We won't have to post it anywhere but for fun," Aren thought out loud.
"Sounds fun, I'm in!" Shun laughed shooting upwards.
"What song?" Aren sighed.
"I got one, the last one in that book," Shun said grabbing one of his guitars.
"Alrighty then," Aren said getting up from his chair.

As soon as Aren gave him the a-okay Shun started the song just how he saw it to be. A rush of excitement went through his body and yet everything felt so calm. The words fell out of his mouth like a waterfall. Normally the taste of talking was bitter but something feels sweet when it is with Aren. (A/N: The song I feel he would sing at this moment is the one linked at the top (if not down at the bottom)). In truth, the band made Kaidou dislike music just a bit but not enough to quit completely. When Aren asked if he ever thought about leaving the band, truthfully, he lays awake at night knowing he should. This, singing to Aren, gave him a hope he craved. This feeling of hope he doesn't know what it's for he's just happy.

As Aren listened he remembered why he wanted music as a passion. He also had a hope. A hope he could maybe be able to get closer to music and be able to feel it.

After about one minute and 30 seconds, Shun stopped. The excitement rush was showing for both of them.

"You know what!" Shun smiled and slightly yelled. "I don't care they would hate this! I had a lot of fun! This was great!"
Aren smiled and laughed, "It was super fun wasn't it."

A ding on Aren's phone brought them back to the basement to the house in the woods. Aren was getting a call.

"Who is it? You should answer," Shun chuckled.
"Let me check," Aren sighed picking up his phone. "Oh, it's Junoa."
"Junoa? Lovely name," Shun whisper.
"I'll put her on speaker," Aren said answering a call.

"Hello? You're on speakerphone," Aren informed.
"Yeah, yeah. Little dude, so I'm kinda stuck," Junoa sighed.
Aren raised his eyebrows, "where or on what?"
"I don't know what to get Elenea for Christmas!" Junoa complained.
"It's over a month away and you call me today?" Aren sighed.
"But she likes Halloween stuff so I wanted to get her Halloween stuff for Christmas," Junoa smiled.

"Tell her to get her more than one thing but give her some today so she can surprise her more," Shun whispered.

"Okay, I will. The person I'm with said you should get more than one thing but give her one today and some for Christmas so it's a surprise," Aren informed.
"Wait- you- huh- YOU'RE WITH SOMEONE RIGHT NOW?!" She 'screeched' as Aren held the phone more away from him. "OH IS IT YOUR BOYFRIEND?!"
Aren and Shun looked away from each other in embarrassment, "he's not my boyfriend, I'm not dating anyone."
"Well not yet," She cackled.
"Alright, I'm hanging up," Aren sighed.
"Yeah, yeah, go hang out with your soon-to-be boyfriend. I'll bother you later," She had hung up.

"Does she call everyone your boyfriend or am I just lucky," Shun asked with a soft laugh.
"You're lucky," Aren laughed ruffling the slightly shorter boy's hair.

The two stayed quiet for a bit longer and then decided to go upstairs, get snacks, and watch the video.

"So are Junoa and Elenea your friends? How did you guys meet? You seem close," Shun asked wanting to know more about the purple hair male sitting next to him.
"Junoa and I were friends since grade school and Elenea, her girlfriend, went to the same high school like us," Aren informed.
"Did they get along right away?" Shun smiled.
"Well actually they hated each other at first," Aren laughed remembering, " but I hope they like the other now, I mean they are getting married soon."

Kaidou and Kuboyasu sat and talked more about old friends.

Shun looked to his phone to check the time, "SHOOT. It's already 15:50 (3:50 p.m.)."
"Did you need to do something?" Aren questioned.
"No, you've just been here a little over 2 hours. I didn't notice," Shun admitted.

Aren didn't know how to reply so he just waited for Shun to start talking again.

"I had an idea!" Shun started. "We could go on a walk around the woods? I mean I have a few neighbors but hardly anyone enters these woods."
"That sounds fun," Aren smiled.
"The leaves are pretty this time of year," Shun said with his hand on the back of his neck.
"I bet; lead the way," Aren said looking at the door.

He both smiled and Shun walked to the front door and opened it, "ladies first."